is it normal for sleeping in day

mrs h

Reaction score
Hi everyone i am just wondering whether anyone else has been sleeping in the day as well as at night.i am 37 weeks and have had spd and a really bad back for over a month now.i finished work 2 weeks ago and have been so exhausted in the day that i am sleeping for about 3 hours as well as going to bed early.I am finding it hard to walk and have attended physio but i am housebound as cant walk far.I am so bored at home and have phoned midwife as pain seems to be getting worse but im sick of people saying its because youre pregnant youre so tired and its normal to have a bad back.Surely it cant normal to be housebound and to feel physically drained every time i stand up.Im piling on the weight as all im doing is sleeping and eating out of boredom.Has anyone else felt they cant physically take much more and their worries are being laughed off as normal because you re pregnant?

Hiya Mrs H

With both of my pregnancies I slept LOADS, it's totally normal...get as much rest as you can while you have the chance!

mrs h said:
Hi everyone i am just wondering whether anyone else has been sleeping in the day as well as at night.i am 37 weeks and have had spd and a really bad back for over a month now.i finished work 2 weeks ago and have been so exhausted in the day that i am sleeping for about 3 hours as well as going to bed early.I am finding it hard to walk and have attended physio but i am housebound as cant walk far.I am so bored at home and have phoned midwife as pain seems to be getting worse but im sick of people saying its because youre pregnant youre so tired and its normal to have a bad back.Surely it cant normal to be housebound and to feel physically drained every time i stand up.Im piling on the weight as all im doing is sleeping and eating out of boredom.Has anyone else felt they cant physically take much more and their worries are being laughed off as normal because you re pregnant?

if i could sleep in the day i would. So make the most of it and sleep when you want to for how ever long you want to.

hun people say its because you are pregnant because it is! I sleep loads too, i took a day nap today and im still exhasted, my back is in agony to the point that i cant sit up without any support for more than a minute i have to lie down or stick my shiatsu back massager on me for ages but even when i lie down it hurts..

I find it hard to walk far aswell and im always so drained i get headaches really badly and just feel generally crap all the time.. And everyone says to me its normal, because you're pregnant, and they are absolutly right..it is normal and it is because you are pregnant...

So as the others have said enjoy the rest while you can! :hug:

i would love to have a nap in the afternoon cause i am knackered but i get worried that i wont wake up to get the kids in time :roll: ,make the most of it whilst you can hun :hug: xx

i slept loads with my other 3 children, dont get the chance this time tho!!! lol

Im tired in the day too..some days worse than others (depending on how good a night sleep ive had probably)

I sympthathise with you over the back pain, mine is getting worse daily, its the bottom of my back thats affected the most really achey and sore.

for the first time in a few weeks i slept all the way through to 3 in the morning last night. didn't get a wink after though.

i never used to be able to sleep during the day - now i sleep where my head falls!

If I wake up early enough I have to sleep in the day but if I don't get up til about 10ish or so I can go all day without sleep. But the SPD is bad, I live on a steep bank and if I want to go anywhere my mum has to pick me up and take me there, my SPD is actually worse in bed that throughout the day though.

It's normal to sleep alot though, make the most of it :) Just your body doing overtime! :hug:

I used to sleep at least 10 hours at nght then have a nap everyday in the afternoon. Don't get any chance this time so have to go bed about 10.30 everynight and i'm still knackered all day.

darling ask midwife to get you in with consultant you can be induced with spd i was and although it doesnt always go straight away it feels like a dif type of pain as no pressure from the baby :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back