INTRODUCING MY BABY`

MagicMarkers

Reaction score
puppydog tilly :p Got Ya !!!!
Shes not really a puppy but i think shes getting me in good training for wen babs here as shes been in a right strop with me all day because i wouldnt give her any minstrels !! ( puppy pms im thinking ) and refused to go for a walk, dragging her bum all the way to the front door step, didnt dare take her any further, neighbours would wonder what was goin on !! I think were friends again now though, as she had my left over cereal milk and now shes snoring away on the keyboard, making it dificult to type but nemind lol

Anyways i was just wondering if anyone else treats their pets like babies, because the further along i get with my pregnancy the more im babying Tilly Dog !!!! OH's worse though, cooked 3 full english breakfasts the other day, when i asked him who he was plating up the last one for he looked at me gone out. . . . Tilly of course :rotfl: How silly of me, and here was me thinking she'd be having dog food lol !!!

P1150020.jpg

tilllls.jpg

Another question, what does everyone think she'll be like with the baby because i think she might get a bit jealous :S I wouldnt ever leave her alone with the baby but i want to be able to sit in a room with her and baba n not worry and experiences gratefullly received !

Its not that shes ever been violent ( it winds me up when people asks if they can stroke her just because shes a staffy ) shes actually scared of cats, dogs, birds, ducks, paper blwong in the wind, and sometimes the wind itself depending on her mood lol but id like come tips on introducing the two when the time comes :)

Aww what a cutie! My Mum has a dog (Also called Tilly) and she gets a bit jealous around Ella but not in a vicious way..we just have to give her extra attention. Same with OH's brothers dog.

Awww luv!

EDIT - Just re-read your post, she is a Staffie!

She's beautiful! Is she an English Bull Terrier?

I've always found that as long as they are brought up correctly and intorduced to baby correctly that they get along fine.

Did you know that Staffies (another bull terrier) were known as Nanny Dogs because of their love of children?

As for treats, I'm afraid chocolate is a big NO NO! It's actually poisonous to dogs and can result in renal failure and death. You can get doggie chocolate buttons and treats, so I would stick to them!

A good complete dog food will give her everything she needs, there are loads to choose from. I use Burns Hollistic Pet food, it's a bit more expensive than IAMS, but it works really well for my lot! You can buy it in a big 15kg sack (as you can with most dried complete food).

Dried food is good because it also helps their teeth, the crunching of it cleans their teeth. Just make sure she has plenty fresh water if you decide to give her dried food!

I've worked with rescue dogs for years, and I've dealt with the side-effects of bad diet and overweight dogs, so a good diet is something your pet will thank-you for in years to come!

Treats are allowed! My lot love brocolli stalks, cheese, apples, schmakos, prawn crackers and doggy choccie buttons!

Feel free to PM me luv if you want anymore info!

Enjoy her, she looks like a wee cracker!!!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back