Internals

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question but is it absolutely necessary to get checked for dilation when in labour...can you say no or even check yourself? I think i am terrified about this more than labour. Silly eh. Is it really that bad? I have never had a smear before but i have had an internal for miscarriage? You see people on OBEM screaming their heads off getting checked :shock: xxx

Last edited:
When u go in to labor u won't care, plus you will want to know your self how far u n only way to tell is for them to check x x

I didnt feel a thing when I was checked and the midwife felt Islas foot!! Honestly, I was more worried about the pain from contractions, tbh looking back it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, the whole labour thing.

I refused an internal with charley and the mw was fine with it x.

I wanted to know how far I was and it really isn't painful xx

Ive possibly got my first ever internal today at the hosptial :-s

Ive never had a smear or anything either. Im not looking forward to it but when we are in labour i think that will be the least of our worries!! x

When I was 7cm I was examined and it really intensified the contractions and I began pushing involuntarily. Mind you I looked at my notes yesterday and my 2nd stage of labour was 52 seconds so it might not have been a bad thing lol!!

I would have assumed it might be nessecary at some points , ie if you want an epiural to determine how far along you are ? Maybe I'm wrong , but they arent that painful to be honest when I had one it actually hurried things along a bit as she was trying to help and " swept" my cervix ?

I didn't even feel mine when I was in labour! :)

Sounds like they aint as bad as everyone makes out...why were them woman screaming on OBEM lol. Lacey's mummy...thats good, think i might say no lol. If not absolutely necessary. xxx

Sounds like they aint as bad as everyone makes out...why were them woman screaming on OBEM lol

They were screaming cos they're wimps :rofl::rofl::rofl:!!!!!!!!(only joking.)
Internals don't hurt. They may feel a bit uncomfortable depending on if you're contracting or not. You are within your rights to refuse one, but most people want to know how far dilated they are.
I'm sure they put the screamers on OBEM to make for interesting telly. If they put on all the calm births it'd make it boring.
Everyone handles pain differently, but please don't worry about internals after all you're gonna have a baby coming out of your foof & that's bigger than anyone's fingers :shock:

You'll be fine Shauna x

Sunnyb xxx

Last time I had a smear there were 3 people staring up my foof cos it was a Doctor doing it so they have to have a Nurse chaperone apparantly & then asked if a trainee Doc could watch at that point I was like oh well sod it everyone may aswell have a look! & the time I had a smear before I had to go back 4 times as it kept coming back inconclusive!
So I dont think ill even care to be honest! Haha.
The trogs on OBEM always squeal at everything, one was even still squealing an hour after her epidural! (although she didnt notice when they tickled her foot lol) they make great telly but they are rather dramatic methinks! x

I had an internal examination today (im 37 weeks), things are very different here in Abu Dhabi. Doctors are too keen to intervene. I have to be honest he really hurt me, it didn't help that I completely tensed up though. I was screaming in agony - he did it all very fast and I would have preferred the soft and slow approach. He just laughed at me and said "you're definitely going to need an epidural my dear if that hurts" How horrible.

I should add that I've had internal examinations before (not through pregnancy) and I've had at least 3 smear tests, not of which have hurt like that.

you can refuse but and its a big but you might not be given any pain relief until they know how far you are gone ect some midwives are that good they can tell by your contractions ecy how far along you are but unfortunatly the only way to know it by an internal most will do this when you are not having a contraction and tbh ive never noticed any pain from 1

Thanks girls :) feel a bit better about it now. Oh god everytime i think about the baby and labour my heart goes lol.

Lol vicxzy was pissing myself laughing then..."The trogs on OBEM always squeal at everything, one was even still squealing an hour after her epidural! (although she didnt notice when they tickled her foot lol)" :rofl:

xxx

Thanks girls :) feel a bit better about it now. Oh god everytime i think about the baby and labour my heart goes lol.

Lol vicxzy was pissing myself laughing then..."The trogs on OBEM always squeal at everything, one was even still squealing an hour after her epidural! (although she didnt notice when they tickled her foot lol)" :rofl:

xxx
She didnt though! the MWs were all rolling their eyes at her lol x

might have been the last series? she was a right knob!x

Haha! i should just google it ... maybe have a go at finding it later. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER