Induction day

Aww what a lovely name :D congratulations what a lot of hard work you went through!! Xxx

Beautiful name for a beautiful baby. Hope you're both well xx

Thanks guys. I'm really struggling with the aftermath of a c section. I have so much water retension everywhere. None of my cothes fit and I feel massive. Summer now has jaundice and refusing to eat iv had a crying melt down twice today x

Aww blue class - it will be all the hormones. I had a breakdown today as our internet guy never came to install our router and was meant to between 8and1pm. I actually cried to the guy from sse hydro on the phone when they called to say they couldn't come today - he must have thought i was absolutely crazy! Must be the hormones x

Due to her jaundice we have been having to up her feed with formula for last 24hrs. In this time I'm eat to express, try to breast feed and also cup feed her my expressed bit and formula. I have to so this every 3 hrs. She not will not take to my breast at all and iv not had the chance to try each time as I don't have time. It takes over a hour to cup fed on its own. I feel my chances of breast feeding are now gone. I can't even bring myself to feed her the cup as it breaks my heart. My hubby is currently doing it whilst I express for the next bottle xx

Awwww. So sorry you're going through this :-(
Are you feeling like it's worth keeping trying? My friend had a similar thing and said it was absolutely hellish, but managed to keep going (somehow, she said!) and breastfed for 6 months. Know it's easier said than done, just trying to give you hope. Keep going. You're obviously doing an amazing job.,xxxx

Keep it up, the first week is the hardest bit of bf (or so they say!) There is a private group on facebook called breastfeeding yummy mummies and it has been fantastic, everyone supports everyone through the tough times and has given me the truth about bf, and I still want to do it! Hopefully summer is better soon and you become more established with your bf x

Sorry you have been thro such a bad time. Don't rule out bf just yet remember she's been thro a really traumatic time too. With my dd I had a similar experience and she didn't want the boob at all. The best advice I can give you is let her lie on your chest naked and she should start looking for the boob this may take several hours but she will when she's hungry. Also don't get hung up on it if it doesn't work it doesn't work expressed milk or formula is fine the most important thing is she is getting fed. Don't be to hard on yourself x

Aw blueclass sorry you're feeling rubbish. Like keep trying said don't get too hung up on it, you're not a terrible person if you can't breastfeed. There's a reason why formula is made! Try and enjoy your little bundle and hopefully you'll be back to normal soon xx

Thank you for the advice
I'm going to keep it up and keep working on the latching. Iv also just brought a electric twin pump so I can express and then she could use the bottle. I want to keep going for a while at least and I can always sell the breast pump after. We find out tonight of we are allowed to leave but one of the conditions will be she has expressed milk so that was another reason to buy the pump. Xx

However she's being fed, you're still feeding her and doing the right thing. Don't put too much pressure on yourself - the thing about leaving her on your chest to do her own thing, I've heard of that a few times and seems to be a great way of getting the LO into it, but take your time and don't panic - it's only been a few days yet! ;-)

Congratulations Blueclass. No wonder you're feeling emotional, you've had such a rough time of it over the last few days. It sounds like as Yorkslass says you're actually doing really well especially given the difficulties with your prolonged induction and the infection, etc. Hope things start to look up for you and you get discharged soon.

Sorry your having a hard time with breastfeeding, Alfie was awful and still can be to latch on. Sometimes he can be screaming for a feed but as soon as I just put him near my boob he falls asleep before latching on. I had to express on to a spoon several times in the early days just to get some milk into him and peak his interest to try and latch on. You are doing a fab job hun xx

Definitely keep persevering with the latch if you can. Isabelle's was awful and it took us weeks and weeks to properly get the hang of it, but it was so worth it in the end.

Last edited:
Oh, best of luck with breastfeeding?

Also, sent you a PM :)

Tri hopping, but just wanted to say I had a similar experience with my daughter.. Long drawn out labour, stuck at 8cm and emergency csec.. She used to fall asleep on my boob and not drink any. I expressed in hospital with their electric pump, but was in so much pain that once I went home I couldn't pick her up and would cry a lot.. Ended up deciding I'd rather be able to hold my baby than breast feed, so I went on cocodamol and switched to formula. I beat myself up about it for a long time, but in the end it was the best thing for us and she thrived. Big hugs and take care. Every day after a csec gets easier, I promise xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back