the day before my induction...

stephj25

Reaction score
I have to be at the hospital at 9am to be induced and I'm so nervous! I'm not sure what I will and won't be able to do as I want to be upright and mobile - also wanted a water birth but I guess that is out of the window.

Am I still ok to eat in the morning before going in?

Should I take some paracetamol before going in to help ease the pain/discomfort of the internals?

Anyone got any induction stories? I have no idea what to expect. I always thought I would go into labour naturally...

Thanks xx

Just wanted to wish you the very best of luck for tomorrow. This is my first baby so I have no idea of what to expect. I would be tempted not to take any paracetamol in case it interfers with anything that they might like to give you - I cant see what or how but it could be irritating if you take two and ge there only to find you are delayed four hours until it is out your system. I'm no medic however!

I would have thought eating will be ok, otherwise you'll be pooped.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chip in soon

Look forward to hearing your exciting news tomorrow!! FX
xx

I'm same as you. I'm being induced on Sunday and I'm nervous as hell! I'd like to know what your asking aswell! x

Sorry I can't offer any advice (this is my first, so no idea about inductions!) but I just wanted to say a massive GOOD LUCK for tomorrow and I hope that it goes quickly for you!!

I've no experience either but just wanted to wish u luck, u too Alicia xxxx

Can't offer any advice Steph but just wanted to wish you good luck! Hope it all goes quickly and smoothly for you xxx

I can offer you some advice!! I had an induction with Harry- not yet had. Hance to post my birth story

There's no need to take an pain relief beforehand- I didn't find the internal painful (have you had a sweep? Internals are just the same)

Also you can eat and drink whatever you like. Will give you a quick rundown of my
Induction

We went in at 9.30 and midwife checked me in and hooked me up to monitor to check baby for about 29 mins or so. She then went through what they were going to do. Basically insert a 24 hour pessary and if that didn't work they'd insert another one 24 hours later

She examined me (I was 3cm dilated already). She put the pessary in about 10.30 (bit like a small tampon) that was a bit uncomfy but only cos they try to get it right up to cervix

I could of gone home as I was low risk but we decided to stick it out in hospital. I was fine- at lunch time had some tightenings and by 4 pm was contracting regularly

There's no reason you can't have a water birth- being induced doesn't stop this. I would of liked one but to be honest my contractions were quite strong after my waters went (around 8pm) I couldn't get off the bed!!

You can stay active use birthing balls etc whatever you want

Harry was born the following morning at 5.07am-was by forceps but because he was a big baby at 10lb 10oz!!

Let me know of you've any more questions will try aNd help

Becky had a very quick induction, I was in for 4 days so take lots of money for the telly and be prepared for what could be a wait! Take extra pj's too. After 3 days I had a shower (I was very sick not skanky) around my contractions with OH helping and the wash and clean pjs did me the world of good. Best of luck, it's all worth it in the end :)

As becky said, theres nothing to stop you having a water birth as long as you only need to pessary to get you going. If you need a drip then you won't be able to have one unfortunatly.

I went in for 8am but didn't have the pessary until almost 11am and was on the monitor before and after the pessary for roughly half an hour. I was then allowed to wander anywhere and have food etc until the next morning when they'd remove the pessary.

I started contracting about 8pm and was taken down to labour ward at 11am to have my waters broke and was pushing by1pm.

I had a quick induction though and my cousins partner had an induction after me that lasted 5 days :/ Be prepared for a wait lol.

I had an induction by drip which does get quite intense !!! My birth story is on here it's the birth story of Rhea Grace gives a good run through. Don't worry though ladies I would have another induction xxx

Aw best of luck for tomorrow! Looking forward to hearing ur birth story x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Lots of luck for tomorrow!

I was induced with my daughter. I didn't eat breakfast as I was too nervous! But just after they gave me the pessary I had lunch, but they didn't let me eat after that. My contractions started within an hour or so, but they were quite strange. There was no build up as such, they just came and then faded away. They weren't particularly painful until just before I started pushing, but they took my breath away a bit.

I planned a water birth and laboured in the pool, but after pushing for well over an hour my contractions changed and weren't 'pushy' ones any more. Every time I tried to push I felt her go back up again, it was very frustrating! I had to come out of the pool and have oxytocin and a ventouse, but it really wasn't so bad. I think I was just tired and wanted her out by whatever means!

I really hope all goes well for you. I didn't find being induced a bad experience at all, it was quite exciting really!

Loads of luck! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back