Induction day

Blueclass

Reaction score
Was really hoping I would have a good night's sleep but iv been up most of it. Iv now given up as I have a headache and my back hurts as I have a crap bed. Today I will be going in at 8.30 for induction and I'm currently not sure how they will stay me of. I'm feeling so many feelings right now and the tiredness is not helping. I know it's going to be fine but I am terrified, nervous and excited all at once. I can't wait to have our little girl out and have some cuddles. I will keep you posted on how the process goes.

Last edited:
Don't worry hun, it will all be fine. You will wonder what you were worried about when you are cuddling your little girl. Good luck and will be stalking for updates!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Haha I was like that with you and overthemoon. Every other hour.looking to see if you had updated. Thanks I'm sure it will be fine. Think I'm just tired and emotional xx

Good luck blueclass, I t will be fine and all worth it. I was induced with my 18mobth ams due to be induced in couple of weeks with this one. It really wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. A bit annoying you are hooked up to a machine and cannot really move anywhere, but when I had mine, the midwives were great, they never left my side the 12hrs I was in labour, and it is all worth I in the end �� xx

Thanks think I built this up to be really negative in my head and got myself in a panic. Also being my first I just have no idea what to expect. I'm sure it will be ok, guess it's all the hormones and not knowing. X

It is the unknown that's worrying. I was lucky and went in on the Tues night, they examined me and my cervix was favourable and 1cm dialated, so they left me til following morning and broke my waters. That part was just a bit uncomfortable , no worse than a sweep I would say, they left me a,short while to see if I started contracting on my own, I didn't so they put the drip in, again, once contractions started it was bearable, I had it built up in my head that I wouldn't be able to cope. The worst bit for me was the embarrassment, id said on the morning I was going to have epidural so they said you might as well just put hospital.gown on...but baby ended up being back to back and I couldnt lie down on my back during labour cos that did hurt, so I spent the whole time laid forward over a stool with my bare backside in the air....not a,pretty sight for anyone to see ��, then the hospital was busy I didn't get epidural til 9hrs later �� xx

Last edited:
Wishing you all the luck that things go well today blueclass. Remember if your uncomfortable on the bed and want to move just let them know. It is awkward to move with straps around your belly and the drip in your hand but worth it to get yourself comfy. xx

Oh I was thinking about your labour thread last night, I remember reading you were over.

Best of luck can't wait to hear how you got on and see little lady.

You might get some sleep and if you can do it early I slept until 5cm which helped so try get some rest after you get started.

xxxxx

I was almost 2cm on Thursday, fingers crossed il be at least that now. They said my cervix was soft and favourable and possibly just break my waters. Another mw suggested having the pessery first to help but il discuss it when I get there. Iv got my tens machine and my tablet so that should keep me occupied for the first part. I'm not sure I want an epidural, I hate needles and don't really like the idea of one in my back. However we will see, I'm a massive wimp! If I stump a toe think it's broke haha!! Wish I could be put to sleep then they wake me up with the baby lol
X

Last edited:
I'm sure you'll be fine - just think beyond it to meeting your girl. I visited a friend yesterday who has a 3yr old and one on the way and she had diamorphine and said it was fantastic, so there's always that lol
The main thing is to relax, I think, and don't panic and tense up - trust your body knows what it's doing and can cope! (Not that I'd know, as it's my 1st time too lol but that the mindset I'm going to try!)
Good luck ;-)

Good advice yorkslass - I'm feeling a bit scared but I'm going with the attitude my body will take over and it's what we are meant to do - give birth. Yes it will hurt but hopefully will be forgotten about as soon as the baby is here :)

Morning blueclass. Hopefully you'll be underway by now. Be thinking of you. Keep us posted! Xx

Good luck today! Looking forward to some baby pictures soon :) xxx

Best of luck today.

Wishing you a speedy induction process.

Can't wait to hear Lil Miss has arrived xx

Thanks ladies!!
Still not been examined as her heart rate was up high so had to wait for her to calm down. I was also having contractions but that stopped. They said they will come and look at me shortly and then decide what to do. I'm also going to keep telling myself my body will know what it is doing and hope for the best lol
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back