Indigestion ??

Nicola

Reaction score
Ok Indigestion is caused by what? Feels like what? and how do you shift it?

I don't think I've ever had it but read that it's pretty common in pregnancy. Ever since I had my lunch this afternoon I feel like it's kinda stuck half way down in my chest area (tmi but kinda right inbetween my boobs type area) it's horrible I've had hot and cold drinks hoping it might dislodge something if it were stuck there but it's not worked.

Perhpas it's heartburn? If so again why does that occur? how do you get rid of it etc?

Sorry for the millions of questions I've just never had indigestion/heartburn type things before so very new/wierd to me!

Nicola xxx

I get a acidy burning sensation in my throat and a chest pain which is the same kind of thing and the only I can get rid of it is to drink milk. Before I was pregnant it was the trusty gaviscon. Its sucks doesn't it!?

Milk!! Ahh the simplest drink we have in the house and I didn't think to try it. I'll have some shortly, thanks for the tip. It sucks being unable to take any form of over the counter medication for it really.

Pregnancy is worth it though!!! :D :D :D :D

Its quite safe to take Gaviscon when your pregnant, and it really helps with heartburn.

:lol:

Oh I didn't know about Gaviscon in pregnancy! Thanks!

I had a big glass of milk a while ago...I do think it's helped acutally. I'll have another one shortly as it's not 100% gone but it has helped significantly.

Thanks for the tips ladies!!

Milk made me 1000 times worse with my first one :wall:
Gaviscon is the medicine of the gods and about the only dammed thing you can take while preggers :rotfl:

Horrible aint it? I'm getting it all the time now!! Cant sleep again cos of it!! We are allowed rennie too which I find a lot nicer than gaviscon! I've heard they are full of sugar though!
Hope it gets better soon!!

Thanks all,

Popping into town this morning and need a few bits in Boots anyway so will pick up a bottle of this gifted Gavascon and hope it works next time!

:lol: Nicola xx

FeeFee said:
Gaviscon is the medicine of the gods and about the only dammed thing you can take while preggers :rotfl:

i agree. i lived on gaviscon throughout my pregnancy. life saver!

Chemist told me this morning I can get it free on prescription....going to see the GP next week, see if I can get some (or similar) from her :lol:

I was being treated for severe stomach problems before my BFP and had to take a hefty pill everyday to keep the indigestion at bay. When I got preg I was really worried cos I had to stop taking the Inexium so I asked the Dr to give me a huge script for Gaviscon Advance ...... I haven't had to use it once yet !!!

Can't quite believe it !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back