Heartburn

monster_munch said:
Don't buy your gaviscon - get it on prescription. You're entitled to it, so you might as well.

My heartburn is slowly getting worse and worse. With my DD I didn't get it until I was very heavily pregnant so I just stuck it out (NOT recommended!) but there is no way I am sticking it out this time!

Where do you get an exemption form from?
I've not got one yet £6.99 i just paid for my bottle. :wall:

I've got it too :( it sucks!! I have a bottle of gaviscon in my bag, by my bed and on my desk...only trouble is, gaviscon has started making throw up this week!!
I do get some relief from milk and it is better if I don't eat fatty foods.

I'm on my 2nd small bottle. Gonna ask MW for some when I see her on the 31st. I take it as precaution now. Prevention is better than a cure as they say! :D

Seems to be working.

Kylie1007 said:
Yes everything gives me heartburn! Gaviscon is so expensive too isn't it! I find that dairy stuff does ease it (yoghurt too) but bread & things I know aren't good for me like choc and sweets trigger it. Oh and if I am hungry, if I drink juice too.

I don't know whether things have changed but my doctor used to give me prescriptions for litre bottles of gaviscon when I was pregnant last time. I used to guzzle it at any opportunity my heart burn was just terrible and it was the only thing that helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back