Heartburn

Emma58

Reaction score
I've just had to go to the chemist and buy the biggest bottle of Gaviscon they sold. Last night after getting rid of the indigestion and trapped wind i had the worst heartburn I don't know what I had eaten to set it off but it would not go. I drank loads of milk because the Gaviscon I had in was out of date and I managed to get to sleep. But after having my cereal this morning it was back and I have had it all day work.

Anyone else experiencing this??

Im getting alot of heartburn at moment, cant seem to figure out whats triggering it or if its just one of those things... I had DH taking me to tescos at 11pm last night as i had run out of gaviscon bless him! :)

funny your saying that, last night I was awake for a few hours with the pain, tried to get up to go down stairs for my gaviscone but was nearly sick with the acid feeling, so woke up hubby and sent him to kitchen to get it......he was so not amused.... :lol:
my bottle is now done and waiting for me to finnish work so i can go to shop as I really need more.
Its torture......baby is going to be oh so hairy :lol:

The worse thing ever is being sick when you've got heartburn, it kills your throat :evil:

Yes everything gives me heartburn! Gaviscon is so expensive too isn't it! I find that dairy stuff does ease it (yoghurt too) but bread & things I know aren't good for me like choc and sweets trigger it. Oh and if I am hungry, if I drink juice too.

i got my gaviscon on prescription ! was so sickin first tri with acid that when i ate it came back ! but gavison makes me heave ! so does having milk for it !

heartburn is an absolute nightmare when I lie down in bed at night. I've started propping my head up with about 5 pillows now or its just impossible to get any sleep, even WITH gaviscon!

bread sparks mine... and lying down too soon after i've eaten. i'm like you pregnopaws - sleeping with 4 pillows now! poor OH can't get near me now! :lol:

Don't buy your gaviscon - get it on prescription. You're entitled to it, so you might as well.

My heartburn is slowly getting worse and worse. With my DD I didn't get it until I was very heavily pregnant so I just stuck it out (NOT recommended!) but there is no way I am sticking it out this time!

monster_munch said:
Don't buy your gaviscon - get it on prescription. You're entitled to it, so you might as well.

My heartburn is slowly getting worse and worse. With my DD I didn't get it until I was very heavily pregnant so I just stuck it out (NOT recommended!) but there is no way I am sticking it out this time!

Where do you get an exemption form from?
I've not got one yet £6.99 i just paid for my bottle. :wall:

I've got it too :( it sucks!! I have a bottle of gaviscon in my bag, by my bed and on my desk...only trouble is, gaviscon has started making throw up this week!!
I do get some relief from milk and it is better if I don't eat fatty foods.

I've just had to go to the chemist and buy the biggest bottle of Gaviscon they sold. Last night after getting rid of the indigestion and trapped wind i had the worst heartburn I don't know what I had eaten to set it off but it would not go. I drank loads of milk because the Gaviscon I had in was out of date and I managed to get to sleep. But after having my cereal this morning it was back and I have had it all day work.

Anyone else experiencing this??

Im getting alot of heartburn at moment, cant seem to figure out whats triggering it or if its just one of those things... I had DH taking me to tescos at 11pm last night as i had run out of gaviscon bless him! :)

funny your saying that, last night I was awake for a few hours with the pain, tried to get up to go down stairs for my gaviscone but was nearly sick with the acid feeling, so woke up hubby and sent him to kitchen to get it......he was so not amused.... :lol:
my bottle is now done and waiting for me to finnish work so i can go to shop as I really need more.
Its torture......baby is going to be oh so hairy :lol:

The worse thing ever is being sick when you've got heartburn, it kills your throat :evil:

Yes everything gives me heartburn! Gaviscon is so expensive too isn't it! I find that dairy stuff does ease it (yoghurt too) but bread & things I know aren't good for me like choc and sweets trigger it. Oh and if I am hungry, if I drink juice too.

i got my gaviscon on prescription ! was so sickin first tri with acid that when i ate it came back ! but gavison makes me heave ! so does having milk for it !

heartburn is an absolute nightmare when I lie down in bed at night. I've started propping my head up with about 5 pillows now or its just impossible to get any sleep, even WITH gaviscon!

bread sparks mine... and lying down too soon after i've eaten. i'm like you pregnopaws - sleeping with 4 pillows now! poor OH can't get near me now! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back