Another niggly stabby pain...

peanut1982

Reaction score
For a few days now I've had this really sharp stabbing sensation at the top of my bump when I move or bend over. It's about 1cm from the middle of my chest ever so slightly to the left and so so annoying. Really feels like I'm being stabbed by a needle in the top of my bump.

It doesn't feel like a heartburn or indigestion type pain, just a really sharp stabby pain in the one place and the area feels bruised to touch now too. Anyone else had anything like this or am I just weird?! :lol:

My wife has had lots of sharp pains in various places - we have been told it is just where the ligaments have softened. I am sure all is ok, but if it lasts too long, no harm in just checking with someone - at least to ensure it puts your mind at ease!

Jimmer

i have found this on my weekly newsletter, i hope this helps.

What is going on with You?
You will be measured at every visit to the clinic. Your doctor is monitoring your weight gain and fetal growth. All women and babies grow at different rates; what is important is that there is visible continuous growth and change. Change in baby's size means change in amniotic level and placenta. You may go through sharp pains at the sides of your abdomen due to stretching of the uterine muscles, which resemble pains you get after running some distance. Not knowing the cause can be upsetting and worrying. Rest assured it is normal to experience such pains during pregnancy.

Hey Peanut,

I know exactly what type of pain you mean and where as I have had it too.......

My GP said it where the muscles are splitting and separating in my tum as the uterus is growing up and out of the pelvis.....

I thought bubs had kicked the crap outta me in my sleep or something as I too felt bruised!

It sucks but I don't think it's anything we need to worry about, just another one of those fun 2nd Tri side effects!

Cleo xxx

Sounds like its just your muscles stretching but if your still worried speak to your M/W and she can reassure you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back