Increasing feeds

nori

Reaction score
Me again.. god i bet you are getting fed up with all the questions!! :oops:

Ollie is currently taking 4oz feeds all in one every 3-4 hours. He brings up a little bit of the feed but nothing substantial. I asked the HV when i should increase and she just said when he finishes the 4oz which is pretty much now.

Im a bit worried though as hes only 2 weeks old and i dont want to completely overfeed him. Hes gaining weight really well (im not surprised) and is now 8lb 9oz (was 8lb 1oz at birth).

Would you increase his feeds now? I was thinking of maybe just increasing a couple (maybe the one before bed).

Oh and also.. Should i still be waking Ollie if he hasnt had a feed for a few hours or can i let him sleep through until HE wakes? If i have to wake him, when does this change.

God im so clueless with all this. Im on my own as of monday as matt goes back to work so im bricking it!!

Claire x

What I generally did/do is when they drain 3 bottles in a row, then up the feed! Sometimes they will drain one bottle then not the next etc but when they have drained 3 it pretty certain they need a little more! You may find he only need a little extra or half an ounce for now!

I think i may up it then as he is finishing all his bottles.. he does winge fora bit more but then has his dummy and settles. God i cant beleive im going to be on big bottles soon!!

Claire x

just feed on demand hun. increase by an oz.. he may not drain the bottle every time. wont harm xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back