Night feeds

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
Charley normally goes 3 hours between feeds even during the night! He's like clockwork waking dead on 3 hours which means I feed him twice a night. The other night he only woke once and I felt fantastic having that extra sleep but he's gone back to twice a night now.
When did your babies start going longer between feeds? I know he's not likely to sleep through for afew more months but twice a night feeds are starting to kill me! I'm exhausted!!

hate to say it but Cahal wanted twice nightly feeds until I moved him into his cot last week....I don't think he was actually hungry each time though, I think it was more a case of him being woken (probably by OH's snoring!) and deciding there and then that he was hungry. Now he's in his own room he only wakes once - at 3am on the dot!

for 2 nights in a row tegan was only up once just after 3 but last night it was back to twice and im shattered x

I was thinking he's not hungry at his 2nd feed! The first feed he takes the whole 4oz bottle but 2nd feed, he won't take more than 2!!

Alfie is feeding every three hrs of 3/4oz. Makes u shattered doesnt it!! YAWN!!! xx

daisy has feed at 11/12 then about 3 then 5ish but i lucky she has feed and goes straight back down so im only awake ten/20 mins or so but im hoping it willl start getting longer soon only had one night of 5 hiurs in a row

keyan is fed every 4 hours and he takes 5oz i put him to sleep at 10 and he sleeps through until 6 its amazing he started this about a week about fingers crossed he is starting to sleep through now :):dance:

can't wait for Owen to go longer at night, sometimes 3 1/2 to 4 hourly gaps but still feeding twice a night. dream feed at 10.30 ish then feed at 2ish and 5.30/6, then he wants to get up and play for an hour :) :wall2:

Charley's last feed is 10.30 then he goes to 1.30 then 4.30 then up at 7!! Oh it's killing me :( The other night he went from 10.30-4, i was sooo pleased but he's back to his normal routine now!
Welldone Keyan for sleeping through! I don't think i'd mind the night feeds if Tim let me lie in now and then but he never does and doesn't do night feeds either!!

Drake's normally 3 hours on the dot too! His last feed is at 10pm then he'll wake up at 2am (longest he ever goes) has about 3oz and then goes straight back down till 6ish. (half 5 this morning though) The other night he woke up at 1am, then 4am then at 7am..i was fudged! lol Its the winding afterwards thats the killer, he takes ages sometimes!!! I was up for an hour and a half the other night trying to get wind up!

I'm gonna start a bedtime routine with him i think. I'm going to buy some monitors this week and start putting to bed after milk and a bath at 7-8pm and see how he goes.

Charley has a routine but a late one! I never put him down before 10. Once he drops a feed I'll get him to bed earlier! Totally with you with the winding! I hate it, I fall asleep while trying to get it up!!

morgan was like that too at first, he eventually dropped one feed at about 6 weeks then the 3 am feed stretched to 5am gradually, then there was no night feed at all :yay: then he bloomin started teething and went back to square 1!!

Madison had just started having her last feed at 10pm ish and then going right through til 5.30- 6am it's been heaven, I bought one of those baby monitors that has video coz I was so paranoid as she's had trouble with reflux and was gasping for breath sometimes when she was asleep which was quite frightening :( but doctor has given her infant gaviscon and it seems to be working a treat!! Yey!! Have probably just jinxed myself now!!
P.s I know my ticker says 46 weeks but I've not been on the computer yet to change it lol x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would try the bottle when you think he wakes up for a feed because you never know he might just wake up for any reason that just a feed ur lil un will come out of it when ready but try the dummy an if dont seem interested an really cries the place down then food it is.
my LO wakes up twice in the night but since i put the dummy in he goes back to sleep again an when he wakes the second time he will get a feed because then i know which ones hes after :D good luck x

he sometimes wakes up crying but when i get up hes gone back to sleep again so think hes slowly getting out the twice a feed now once at most an he has his last feed bout 6 or 7 then wakes again about 6 or 7 very raley he will get up about 3 or 4 but i stick dummy in an he goes sleep lol x

ananbelle woke every 3 hours round the clock for feeds for at least the first month i think (cant believe im forgetting already!! i think she did this till about 6 or 7 weeks!!

after i started a reeeeeeeally strict and major bedtime routine she started going longer.

try the routine? mines 6pm bath with johnsons bedtime bath stuff, then bedtime talc and pyjamas and grow bag, then a cuddle and a warm bottle all with a lullaby playing in a dimly lit room. a quiet winding session and down. she now does 7-8 hours a night after that xx

I dont wanna wait 6 weeks :( he is in a strict routine but it doesn't start till 10. Lacey didn't sleep through till 6 months, I hope he doesn't do that!

i feed on demand but it normally works out 11, 3 and 7ish

i feed on demand but it normally works out 11, 3 and 7ish

Pretty much the same as me. We back to bed after 7am and had a lie in :)

thats pretty much what tegan does aswell except last night it was 10, 2, 5 then i had to be up at 7 to sort myself out ready for health visitor x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back