In Law's.

Manda&Thomas said:
my sister has two rotties two big rotties they are 9 and 8 stone each beutifull dogs wouldnt harm a fly (well rock doesnt like other male dogs but thats a whole different story)
they have met and licked Thomas, and several other babies never gone for them or even looked up when they start crying/ whinning
my sister has 2 boys 11 and 6 the youngest was 2 when she got her first rottie and nothing bad has ever happened.
yes dogs can sometimes turn but thats all dogs rotties are very loyal loving dogs
i wouldnt leave Thomas alone with them but i wouldnt leave my son alone with any animal not even a cat.
if you think you dogs are safe then they will be aslong as you have the control over them and your not reckless with leaving the baby even for a split second alone with them then you should be fine :)
xx

That's the kind of Rottweiler story I like :)

I think your trying to make a joke out of all this and you are not taking it seriously. You put a post up and then disagree with most peoples opinions, why post in the first place? seems to me its your way or no way!! Rotties are known as a dangerous dog and its not just in newspapers that you read the story's, I have seen a rottie go for a young child!!! All I can say, is the next time you leave the room to make a bottle up for your baby.....think twice.

Im not interested in any response comments.

Tiggy26 said:
I think your trying to make a joke out of all this and you are not taking it seriously. You put a post up and then disagree with most peoples opinions, why post in the first place? seems to me its your way or no way!! Rotties are known as a dangerous dog and its not just in newspapers that you read the story's, I have seen a rottie go for a young child!!! All I can say, is the next time you leave the room to make a bottle up for your baby.....think twice.

How rude! :shock: She was complaining about her In laws trying to tell her what she HAS to do! She wasn't asking for anyones opinions anyway and even if she did why should she HAVE to agree with them. Your not interested in responses.. then why have you posted.. or are YOU just making a joke out of it :talkhand: :roll:

Tiggy26 said:

:rotfl: :roll:

As Sweetcheeks said, I wasn't asking for opinions, I never asked anyone what I should do. The topic title is "In Laws" not "What shall I do?".

I've also seen a hamster bite a child. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hamsters are EVIL :twisted: :lol: I used to have one called snowy, he was an albino and off his bloody rocker. Used to escape all the time and run away under floorboards and would only come back when he was hungry - bluergh - Jack is never having one :lol:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
Hamsters are EVIL :twisted: :lol: I used to have one called snowy, he was an albino and off his bloody rocker. Used to escape all the time and run away under floorboards and would only come back when he was hungry - bluergh - Jack is never having one :lol:

My hamster always used to bite me when I was little. :shakehead:

But I remember I went on holiday the once with my Grandparents and when I walked into the living room, the hamster jumped out of bed and come to the door of his cage to see me :cheer: Obviously missed biting my fingers :lol:

Sweetcheeks24 said:

Now now sweetcheeks, dont get bitter just because your now miss stumpy :rotfl:

Miss Stumpy :doh: :lol:

I tell u what I am.. Miss Sleepy :bored: I don't even know why i'm on here. I need my bed but can't peel myself away

Sweetcheeks24 said:

I tell u what I am.. Miss Sleepy :bored: I don't even know why i'm on here. I need my bed but can't peel myself away

Thought you were going to say can't pee yourself :doh:

Sweetcheeks24 said:

Yes I have the same prob.

Ill book us into the priory for a PF detox :rotfl:

:lol: I think thats a good idea Morgan. And S you must be as tired as me :lol: okey doke i'm going now :sleep: :wave:

Tiggy26 said:

You are bound to get nuff responses to that as it was rude.
Yes we were debating but not everyone has to agree with my opinion and I respect that.

Sweetcheeks24 said:
:lol: I think thats a good idea Morgan. And S you must be as tired as me :lol: okey doke i'm going now :sleep: :wave:

Good night hun :sleep:

Make sure that hamster is in its cage or you wont be typing nothing tomoz as your other fingers will be gone :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Rude? Not even my Grandad is that rude, and he's 80 and got no tact ever. :shock:

I have 2 dogs, a border collie and a lurcher. They are laid back temperament but i still don't trust them. But they are fantastic with her. But i'll never leave them alone together.
In my opinion they are like people, you cannot guess what they are thinking! I don't trust people with my baby, especially if i don't know them very well.

I was told from the day i announced i was pregnant to get rid of my cats!!! That i wasn't allowed to touch them! Stupid, it's just their mess. And why would i use my bare hands to touch cat poo anyway???
Also i was being told they kill babies!!! In the 7 months Angel has been alive she's never been left with them either!

As long as you are careful and fully aware, then i really don't see a problem.

Id actually be more wary of a cat with the baby than the dog, not generally, but there not as easy to seperate are they, if you put stair gates up then a dogs in one room your in another, but a cat can jump anything and id be paranoid itd lay on the baby as flos nice and warm and smother her :shock: :shock:

Pretty sure thats just my twisted way of thinking about it but FIL, well Ohs dad said to us the other day,

"there arent any ferrits near you are there, because you know they eat babies eyes dont you"

... what the good god ?!?!

Hi again!

I was thinking of this post again yesterday as my friend (who is pregnant) looks after her grandad at weekends and he brings his dog with him. Yesterday the dog bit my freinds OH. I think the dogs temperament isnt the best anyway. They have decided to keep a muzzle on him when the baby is born. Could this be an option when your dogs are around the baby? Or if you have a fair size house maybe get mega big stair gates if they do them.

Im with you on this one. Of course the baby should come first but i'm sure there are ways around getting rid of the dogs. I hate to see so many dogs being rehomed.

Hope you find a solution

Claire x

My last hamster was evil :twisted:

As for the dog it's a case of introducing them gradually and watching out for any danger signs which is easy if you know your dog well. Comments like saying "all Rottweilers are vicious" and "they're dangerous dogs" are sweeping generalisations and usually based on media hype. Any dog can be dangerous in the wrong hands and I've been bitten more times by Lhasa Apsos than I have rotties (never) :roll: . My friend had a rottweiler called Tiddles and she was a gem. She now has another the size of a horse and he is fine with her daughter.

I was told to get rid of my guinea pigs. Yep they're truly vicious :rotfl:

I only read a page or so of this, but everyone will have their opinion, and in the end it is up to you. You have obviously decided to give the dogs a chance (which I would do too, by the way) because you know them.

A huge reason a lot of breeds of dogs get bad press is because of all of the disreputable breeders out there.

Does anyone find it offensive that people keep telling Serendipity over and over not to leave her baby alone. I feel like it is similar to saying "Don't leave your baby on the window sill or top of the stairs" or "Don't leave your baby home alone." Well, obviously!

moss said:
I only read a page or so of this, but everyone will have their opinion, and in the end it is up to you. You have obviously decided to give the dogs a chance (which I would do too, by the way) because you know them.

A huge reason a lot of breeds of dogs get bad press is because of all of the disreputable breeders out there.

Does anyone find it offensive that people keep telling Serendipity over and over not to leave her baby alone. I feel like it is similar to saying "Don't leave your baby on the window sill or top of the stairs" or "Don't leave your baby home alone." Well, obviously!

Theres need to be funny like that,
people are allowed to give advice and people do eave there dogs alone with people because they think there ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back