In Law's.

Serendipity_

Reaction score
:twisted: :evil:

Me and OH have two Rottweiler dogs. They are not vicious one bit.. They are infact so lovely and beautiful, and I wouldn't get rid of them for anything.

We're expecting our first baba next year. My in laws keep going on bout we have to get rid of the dogs.

NO WE BLOODY DON'T. :evil:

If the dogs became a problem with the baby, we will consider. But as we haven't even had the baby yet and the dogs already know I'm pregnant (I gave them a pep talk... :lol: Only joking, they just don't jump up me anymore and are really gentle) and have calmed down.. The lad dog got the snip on Friday and although he was a little boisterious before, he seems to have settled a bit now.

Everyone thinks because they are Rottis, they are going to eat my baby :roll: I'm seriously considering telling them all to f off and they won't see the baby :evil:

AND, the MIL keeps saying breastfeeding is better, I should do it. I know its better, but I don't want to do it.

I am so dreading my new baby coming along because the OH's family will be like 'oh, do this' 'oh, don't do that' :evil: :evil: :evil:

I will move to Spain :lol:

IMO I would never trust a rotti around my baby.
They are very loyal to there owners but I have seen and heard MANY a times of them attacking people.
They may well see your baby as a threat.
You can never trust any dog 100% but far more less so with rottis.

I would personally never risk it.
If you do then NEVER leave them alone with baby.

I love dogs but if I was you id really think this through.

Serendipity_ said:
:twisted: :evil:

Me and OH have two Rottweiler dogs. They are not vicious one bit.. They are infact so lovely and beautiful, and I wouldn't get rid of them for anything.

We're expecting our first baba next year. My in laws keep going on bout we have to get rid of the dogs.

NO WE BLOODY DON'T. :evil:

If the dogs became a problem with the baby, we will consider. But as we haven't even had the baby yet and the dogs already know I'm pregnant (I gave them a pep talk... :lol: Only joking, they just don't jump up me anymore and are really gentle) and have calmed down.. The lad dog got the snip on Friday and although he was a little boisterious before, he seems to have settled a bit now.

Everyone thinks because they are Rottis, they are going to eat my baby :roll: I'm seriously considering telling them all to f off and they won't see the baby :evil:

AND, the MIL keeps saying breastfeeding is better, I should do it. I know its better, but I don't want to do it.

I am so dreading my new baby coming along because the OH's family will be like 'oh, do this' 'oh, don't do that' :evil: :evil: :evil:

I will move to Spain :lol:

I'm seriously considering telling them all to f off and they won't see the baby :evil:

Trust me they are only trying to look out for you and the baby hun,

I can't comment on the dog situation but only you know how they are round you. They may act different round a baby though and become protective of you and try to defend you from the baby.

Feeding situation - do what you are comfortable with. Yes breastfeeding is the best but if you aren't comfortable with it then don't do it.

Its your baby so you do what is best for you and the baby

I would never trust ANY dog around a baby but even more so a rottie but its your decision and if your happy with it then thats all that matters as for the feeding its totally up to you hun just go with what your happy doing

Morganuk said:
They are very loyal to there owners but I have seen and heard MANY a times of them attacking people.

Do you have any personal situations with Rottweilers then? Or just off what you have read from the newspapers???

My niece is two, my dogs sit with her and lie down next to her while she jumps all over them. I personally would bite her :lol:

It's not like I'm going to be leaving my dogs in the cot with the baby :rotfl: :roll:

Think it through? I have done, clearly else this topic wouldn't be here and I'd be thinking bout it. :evil:

Sorry don't mean to get agitated, but Rottweilers get such bad press. :roll: Its how you bring the dogs up and how you treat them really. My dogs are perfect, they love kids, they love to play, they are so gentle with my niece and kids down the rugby club where OH plays.

If I thought they would be a danger to my child, I wouldn't have them now. :)

Someone on here can't remember who it was, had a dog that they had for years and it had always been lovely and gentle and they had to have it rehomed because it went for there baby! i see where they are coming from as they are a very protective breed of dog so in protecting you might see baby as a threat...but then they might not..you shouldnt have to get rid of your dogs just be cautious when baby is here. You never ever know how a dog might behave no matter ho long you have had it or its breed so everyone with dogs should always be cautious with them round children..i've grown up round dogs and love them but when i was a toddler my nans beloved 13 yr old dog bit me and was hanging off my arm...i am the only person she ever bit so as i say you just never know!!

fran_23 said:
Someone on here can't remember who it was, had a dog that they had for years and it had always been lovely and gentle and they had to have it rehomed because it went for there baby! i see where they are coming from as they are a very protective breed of dog so in protecting you might see baby as a threat...but then they might not..you shouldnt have to get rid of your dogs just be cautious when baby is here. You never ever know how a dog might behave no matter ho long you have had it or its breed so everyone with dogs should always be cautious with them round children..i've grown up round dogs and love them but when i was a toddler my nans beloved 13 yr old dog bit me and was hanging off my arm...i am the only person she ever bit so as i say you just never know!!

I will always keep an eye on the dogs around the baby as I know I can never fully trust them as they might get funny, but I don't think they will. I'm not getting rid though - I have to give them a chance to see how they react to a newborn. I might get a doll that cries in a few weeks :lol:

Serendipity_ said:
Morganuk said:

Do you have any personal situations with Rottweilers then? Or just off what you have read from the newspapers???

My niece is two, my dogs sit with her and lie down next to her while she jumps all over them. I personally would bite her :lol:

It's not like I'm going to be leaving my dogs in the cot with the baby :rotfl: :roll:

Think it through? I have done, clearly else this topic wouldn't be here and I'd be thinking bout it. :evil:

Sorry don't mean to get agitated, but Rottweilers get such bad press. :roll: Its how you bring the dogs up and how you treat them really. My dogs are perfect, they love kids, they love to play, they are so gentle with my niece and kids down the rugby club where OH plays.

Yes I have quite a few experiences with rottis and this is why I say it.
You also can not ignore what you read when you hear the same thing sooo many times.
I have had a rotti be great around me when there owners are there then try to go for me when they went to bed.
I have also seen a rotti go to attack a child :shock: which although the child was got out the way was not nice to witness I tell you :shock:
The truth is hun you can not sit there and say that you can trust them 100% around your baby as you cant and im only trying to give you good advice.
I have grown up with dogs all my life and have had many different breeds.

Theres NOW WAY you can say there not a danger to your child as you do not know that, you just hope that.
As I said they are very loyal dogs and just because there great with you and other children does not mean it wont get jelous when you are seeing a baby 24/7 and they realise they are no longer centre of attention. :think:

Its your choice. I would probably do the same and see how they are with the baby as you never know but I would be very cautious as I am with all animals

People say that Jack Russels are nippy dogs but my mums ones have never gone after my nephew or Finlay - they like to play with them :lol:

Morganuk said:
Serendipity_ said:
Morganuk said:

Yes I have quite a few experiences with rottis and this is why I say it.
You also can not ignore what you read when you hear the same thing sooo many times.
I have had a rotti be great around me when there owners are there then try to go for me when they went to bed.
I have also seen a rotti go to attack a child :shock: which although the child was got out the way was not nice to witness I tell you :shock:
The truth is hun you can not sit there and say that you can trust them 100% around your baby as you cant and im only trying to give you good advice.
I have grown up with dogs all my life and have had many different breeds.

Theres NOW WAY you can say there not a danger to your child as you do not know that, you just hope that.
As I said they are very loyal dogs and just because there great with you and other children does not mean it wont get jelous when you are seeing a baby 24/7 and they realise they are no longer centre of attention. :think:

No but I also can't get rid because some other dogs that aren't bought up very well attack other babies.

I've grown up with Rottweilers all my life and never seen one attack anyone. :shock:

This is MY experience hun my best friend has got a rottie and i have known her since she was 6 weeks and is the most beautiful dog and i have never had a problem with her, wouldnt attemp to get through the door if i didnt know her because she is massive, she is 8 now and when i had Hannah i took her down when she was 2 weeks old to see my friends and as we walked i the door Hannah made a squeeky noise like babies do and blade went for her straight away it was quite frightening,my friends grabbed her straight away and i got hannah out the way but we have tried quite a few times over the 3 years to get blade used to her but she insist on snapping every time hannah is around must be the fact she is small and thats why I am wary

Just make sure you get into a rontine hun where there never left alone with the baby :hug:

Bee said:
Its your choice. I would probably do the same and see how they are with the baby as you never know but I would be very cautious as I am with all animals

People say that Jack Russels are nippy dogs but my mums ones have never gone after my nephew or Finlay - they like to play with them :lol:

I was only stating in the opening thread that my OH's family were annoying us in telling us we 'need' to get rid of our dogs. We don't 'need' to do anything. :roll: :cry:

My friends Jack Russell bit their baby :shock: It was putting the hand in the dogs bowl though :doh:

Em excuse me I dont appreciate you rolling eyes at me just because you dont like what people are telling you.

I suggest you grow up.

mary70 said:
This is MY experience hun my best friend has got a rottie and i have known her since she was 6 weeks and is the most beautiful dog and i have never had a problem with her, wouldnt attemp to get through the door if i didnt know her because she is massive, she is 8 now and when i had Hannah i took her down when she was 2 weeks old to see my friends and as we walked i the door Hannah made a squeeky noise like babies do and blade went for her straight away it was quite frightening,my friends grabbed her straight away and i got hannah out the way but we have tried quite a few times over the 3 years to get blade used to her but she insist on snapping every time hannah is around must be the fact she is small and thats why I am wary

Yeah, I suppose if they aren't used to kids, they may get wary and frightened. Are they used to kids? I think if I just had one Rotti then I guess I'd be even more nervous because its always just been that one dog, but as we have got two of the buggers, they aren't used to being the baby if you get me :think:

Yeah I will get into a routine where the baby and dogs aren't left alone til the baby is 21. :lol:

Morganuk said:
Em excuse me I dont appreciate you rolling eyes at me just because you dont like what people are telling you.

I suggest you grow up.

Are you on bout this comment...

I was only stating in the opening thread that my OH's family were annoying us in telling us we 'need' to get rid of our dogs. We don't 'need' to do anything. :roll: :cry:

They were used to children hun my friend has 2 boys but they were 11 and 13 when the dog was a puppy it it just small children taht shes not used too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back