Im sure this has been done before but ... baby names?

Awww all these dogs are so cute and the cats, my mum has recently lost two dogs so she will be looking to rescue another one as soon as my dad fixes the gate. She always adopts disabled dogs or the ones that have been there the longest it was quite the animal farm at her house x

Darcy your mum sounds amazing! I really want to adopt a old timer, but our big male has a issue with old dogs in the house... i have no idea why? If theyre younger then him even by a few months he's fine! Weird x

Last edited:
Lili for a girl, Liam for a boy. I also like Lucas for a boy, but OH said no way and suggested Joseph which I don't like.

There nice names Salley.
My dog Ben doesn't like other dogs either he's so timid and petrified of everything, we got a Hungarian Vizsla pup a few years back but Ben just hid in a corner shaking lucky the breeder let us return him. Xx

Have you guys ever used a dog behaviouralist? Thinking about taking mine to one. My staffy is 4 and was fine until we had our pup, now neither of them listen to me! The pup (rottie) is mental, so hyper and bounces off the walls. Wine i try calming her she thinks it's a game. Now my staffy is starting to do the same thing! My pup loves going out but only comes back when following my staffy, at least she comes back still off her lead. The pup jumps over everyone when they visit, it's embarrassing but my husbands family allow it saying it's cute, wine i try stopping g her so she thinks it's accepable to do that. With my second pregnancy, both of them jumped on my stomach god knows how many times, because of hubby's family, staffy never done it until they kept callin her up the same as pup. It really pisses me off. But they let there own dogs do it, i hate going round because I can't shout at them, they rip my leggings and leave bruises all down my legs. They have 2 very large labs. I just don't know what to do with them now. I teach them but when hubby comes home he gets them all excited and my teaching goes out the window. My pup is very timid and backs away when a staranger tries to fuss her and growls at other dogs, i don't want her to hurt someone because she's scared. And especially when we do get round to having a baby, I don't what her to jump and hurt it :/

Yeah I would take them to training school I wish we had done it with ours they don't really jump on people as we have never allowed it, but for walking and other basic commands I wish we had because they are rubbish at listening to us x

We've already taken Odin to one, he has dog agoraphobia and anxiety, the only thing we can do is work with him and prevent it. Which we do, the other two are lovely...
The rottie is good as gold and the pug as juts a usual pug, mental and stupid, but it's not a problem x

Lullabell I'm pretty sure one of my dogs has that as well, he refuses to go for a walk and is very nervous of everything. We say he's the opposite of a dog as he hates walks but you mention bath to him and he's sitting in it before its run lol x

Yeah , if we get his lead out he hides and while we put it on him he just sinks to the floor.
We can walk him in the forrest but getting him to the forrest is HARD work haha! He's a 47kg dog... Trying to drag him there sucks lol

I'm glad someone else has a strange dog lol mine is ok if you open the carboot and he knows that he will be chauffeured about, but even when I take him to the football field there is a row of cars and he will get out mine and then sit by every single car in hopes that someone will take him for a spin rather than go a walk lol.

Hahaha Thats exactly the same as odin, if i try and walk him past a line of cars he pulls and shits next to all of them! How funny lol! x

Lol dogs are weird I can't even put it down to him maybe being mistreated as we got them at five weeks old, he's just an od dog but we wouldn't have him any other way x

Aha! My pup is scared of everything!! I bought my cat a toy with a ball in it, absolutely shits herself when she sees it xD

Peanut, training animals is more about the humans being trained.. your family giving positive reinforcement for bad behavior being an example of badly trained humans. It's good to see a professional though, they can give you the tools you need to get your pet under control. I forget which TV dog trainer said it but dogs especially are pack animals either they see their human as the leader of the pack or they're the leader.. if they're the leader they're going to do whatever they want to do and you want them to do what you say. I've had dogs my whole life, they're great companions! Good luck getting your pups/humans trained.

Last edited:
Peanut butter mines loves to play with a sock, he had rhe shakes yesterday because there was a bluebottle in the house but I wasn't caring he was sooking right into me and I'll happily take the extra cuddles lol x

I think my pup is the 'leader' she thinks she is anyways! Because shes always trying to lie on my head when im in bed! Haha!
Well I saw the prices of trainers ... I thought aboout 200 quid ... NOPE they wanted 660 for 1 hour!!!! Having a laugh aha. Im just gonna try and teach them myself from youtube videos of dog trainers lol x

YouTube is awesome for dog training (and pretty much everything else you might want to do lol), just as good. It is more about you learning how to communicate with your pup and a trainer could help but yea, they can be expensive. Good luck!

Holy moly that's ripping the hole a bit, our training school is £10 a lesson and you get a puppy pack. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back