Im single

Hope you get some sleep, glad that you have your friends and family supporting you so well.

argh what do single mums do when they feel really poorly?? i feel so rough! i dont want to make annabelle ill?! x

Hey hon, so sorry u have been going through this and just wanted to say we're all here to give you any support u need. U have been so brave and ur little girl is very lucky to have a mummy who is putting her first like this x x x

If my husband is on a 24hr and then comes home and flakes on the settee I just keep making myself hot choc and relaxing take things easy and leave the cleaning till your lo is sleeping and sleep when they sleep also it won't hurt her to let her cry a little it sounds harsh but if your just finishing something off like hoovering ita not crewl to let her cry for like 2 mins it will just make her stronger :) um ... Oh I also like to put a DVD on give you something to focus on and take your mind away from the I'm on my own part and ill part - my DH is on a 24hr shift today and I'm
Contracting and unwell and kids ate unwell haha fun! She will prob get ill anyway if it's in the air hunni I wouldn't worry too much babies are made of sturdy things xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohhhh hun im so sorry u had to go trough this! it took me a year to be brave n kick my ex out and it took me 8 month to get over being scared at home, but i was with demba 1 n a half year before i dared walking in my town with him as i was so scared my ex would see us.

you will make it, its so hard but one day you will look at your daughter and be so so proud of your self and you will feel strong!! xxxxx

Glad you got through the night ok :)

Single mums grin and bear it as I found out last week! Tonisllitus...never fun with a newborn! Hope you start to feel better though. Your friends Im sure will make you feel better :)

I go uni in Hertfordshire...its lush around there. Although hatfield is a bit crumby. The little bits around the out skirts are nice though! Bet there are some lush places to walk your dog. x

well done on getting out hun took me 6 miserable yrs to do it if you feel unsafe at night speak to your council and police about a panick button they really give peace of mind you need to be able to relax

its kind of a bit better now. he has finallt accepted it (still wants to be with me but knows he cant now) and is saying he still wants to pay for / be there for annabelle etc. im being cautious though. still happier alone and glad i did it x

sorry u had to go through this hunni ur amazing been able to do it ur an inspiration to women out there who dont ( my mum i think hes hitting her as he has twice before n raised hand to her few mnth ago which led to him n my oh nearly scrapping) annabelle wont pik up on the vibes no longer n is so much safer to well done hunni glad u have family friends n us lot for support ule be amazing :) xxx hugs xxx

:hug: just caught up with this thread. I think youre amazingly brave, youre going to be fab :yay:
glad he's cooled off a bit, you dont need to be making bottles in the dark every night!

:hug: you are one brave lady be strong you have definatly done the right thingxx

things have finally hit rock bottom i think. my mums seriously ill and i have half fallen out with her. my car was stolen last night, and i have NO money not even the rent money because he took ALL his wages even though we have lived off my money for ages :(

:hug: it never just rains does it? Have you got onto tax credits yet about becoming a single parent? Are you working? If not have you claimed income support? There's a number you can call to claim and they'll make you an appointment with someone at the job centre! Also with your rent, ring your landlord/letting agent and let them know there's been a bit of a problem and you're sorting it, but it might be a bit late! If you can find the number for your local councils housing benefit office, give them a call and see if you can apply online or it needs to be on paper! If you can pick up a form today, fill in in tonight and get to them tomorrow then they can do it in 24 hours for you hun :hugs:

thanks hun that was really helpful. yesterday my step dad helped me apply for child benefit so hopefully that will be backdated. i havent applied for income support no?

im on maternity pay. the sort that you have always worked full time and had to send them all my wage slips if that helps??

think i need a trip to citezens advice but if anyone knows what i can claim for that would be brill!
that single parent thing sounds good!

i rang the letting agency and they are aware just said make sure i call and pay over the phone within the next few weeks. hope fully i will be a bit better by then.

luckily my family are keeping annabelle in nice nappies and her comfort milk, bless her.

The only thing keeping me strong atm is she keeps smiling at me and silent laughing which is just amazing and makes me feel stronger. for her x

You are strong hun, you mightn't feel it but doing what you done, took some serious courage :hug: Things will be okay, are you entitled to tax credits? There is a quick questionnaire online to check if you are xx

have a look at entitledto.co.uk, you put in your earnings and that and it should give you an idea what you're entitled to! unfortunately i dont think you can claim tax credits til you're getting child benefit, i could be wrong tho! are you on maternity allowance? you should be able to get some help towards your rent, even if its SMP you're getting, the amount will depend on your local area!

i get around 300 every fortnight maternity pay and had to send them my pay slips if that helps. im crap at this stff

:hugs:
it seems like everything is just against you but you know what, you will get trough it!
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back