Im not getting induced :) But Baby is Massive!

redbear

Reaction score
So just thought i would keep people in the know because i posted about a knob head doctor who told me i am getting induced at 38 weeks and was rude, anyway because my midwife kicked up a fuss the hospital called me and apologised. Then yesterday i had my growth scan and consultation and i had it with the 'head' consultant Mrs. Naheed.

She was so lovely, she asked all what had happened and said that because he is a trainee doctor she is going to talk to him about what i have said and send him on another course of how to talk to people, she said that she won't let it go easily. However she said he is a reasonable man so will take it all on board she said he won't sit and say he has done nothing wrong if he has. So hopefully he will learn a lesson in how to deal with people - like my mum said it could make his career a lot better if he changes now instead of thinking its ok and everyone thinking he is a dick behind his back.

Anyway Mrs Naheed showed me my growth results and the baby is on the top line for everything, measured me and im measuring 34 at 31 +5, However she said that our bodies are designed for our babies and she belives in letting nature take its course (DH said she sounded like a hippy lol)
Im booked in for another growth scan in four weeks and a consultation again, I think if baby stays where it is i will be fine. Just looks like i've got a big bubba in there!
I asked if she could tell the weight and she said they dont do that any more as they where wrong a lot of the time and putting women at more risk for no reason.
All in all im very happy she was very nice and calm and seemed understanding, she didn't think there was any reason to worry.

Just looks like im having a massive baby!! :shock:

Well enjoy your massive baby. Haa, my friend had growth scans all throughout and he always measured bigger but then slowed down within the last couple of weeks, so you may be lucky like her and him slow down. She is still set to have a 9lb baby though but originally they said she would have about a 10/11lb. I would love to say the actual weight of her baby but he was due yesterday and still nothing :)
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and hopefully they will sort that man out. x

Glad your appointment went well.

I was wondering how people were finding out the weight of their lo. I got this at 4d scan but never at mw appointments. Have one on Friday so will ask. It'd just be interesting to know, although I wonder how they can tell!

x

Olive I got told the weight at my 4d Scan, but my friend was getting told at her growth scans :s I'm not sure how they tell or even if every area do tell. xx

I found out babies weight at 4d scan although it looks like he has slowed down so prob won't be accurate. I think here u only find out if I have a growth scan but they aren't always right x

Yay welcome to the big baby club :) mine also measures a couple weeks bigger :)
Glad you had a good doc this time :) x

glad you had a good appointment hun xx

Like some of the others have said, the growth might even out. I was measuring 3 - 4 weeks big throughout but over the last month or so it's evened out and yesterday I was only 1 week big. My midwife did send me for a growth scan at one stage but the hospital wouldn't do it - say they dont do it for too big just too small....so fingers crossed you might not have too much of a whopper in there :)

Like some of the others have said, the growth might even out. I was measuring 3 - 4 weeks big throughout but over the last month or so it's evened out and yesterday I was only 1 week big. My midwife did send me for a growth scan at one stage but the hospital wouldn't do it - say they dont do it for too big just too small....so fingers crossed you might not have too much of a whopper in there :)

Well it wasn't just measurements it was a growth scan and its head circumference and abdominal are all big so i think its accurate, and because the baby was awkward she took extra measurements with me laid to one side then the other and they all matched so at the minute its big, may slow down tho who knows! Im not too worried about a big baby tho cos im a big mamma lol x

I had a little baby with a huge head 95% centile. Just shows you never know!

well its abdominal circumference and head circumference are all measuring along the 95th so all equal which i think is a good thing, i suppose in 8 weeks i can let you all know. to be honest i thought it would be big as both me and my hubby are 6ft tall so i would have been shocked to have a small baby hehe x

I was chatting to some of the girls about this, and even the scans don't appear to be entirely accurate. One of the girls I work with had a scan and was told her baby was about 7lbs at that time. Two weeks later she went into prem labour and the baby was born at 6lb13oz. They do have little growth spurts so he or she might slow on the growing side for a couple weeks and level out yet :)

i asked for a weight and she wouldn't give one because of how inaccurate they are, i suppose its hard to measure fat so they can only go on the bones measurement. I dunno im happy as long as baby is healthy! if it can stay below 10 pounds ill be happier lol x

I was told by a midwife in the fetal assessment unit that the weight given at growth scans can be completely wrong thats why they dont tell you at routine scans.
I had my waters measured instead when i was measuring 46cms at 38 weeks x x

They system that our hospital uses when scanning us automatically genertes an estimated weight. Based on my measurements at 33wks the baby was roughly 5lbs4oz. However, this was mainly based on leg length, the abdominal measurement was average so I don't know how accurate it could possibly be - unless they average it out or something, but then it really just is a guess isnt' it. If it was correct and baby gains half a pound per week until birth then I'm expecting roughly 9lbs at full term, but we shall see :oooo:

i think it is all a bit inaccurate. i had a midwife measure me at 38 weeks yesterday and that mw also measured me ahead at another appt but all others have measured me a little behind :oooo:

scan said baby was just under 5lbs two weeks ago so god knows lol xx

The large measurement of 46cm at 38weeks was right with me, Elexia was 9lb 5oz's but sometimes it can depend on the position of baby x x

Awww all sounds really positive! Yay for big bubbas! xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back