baby too big already?

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
I had a growth scan thing today and baby is all well and she was yawning :cloud9:
it said some of her limbs were measuring a few days ahead and some right on time and on the print out it said she already weighing roughly 4lb 3oz.
doesnt that sound bloody huge already, im only 32 weeks sunday! still got 8 weeks left!
jw if anyone else had had growth scans around now and how much there baby was weighing?
x

Last edited:
sorry i havnt had any growth scans but can just picture baba yawning!!x

i had a growth scan at 32 weeks and my baby was measuring beneath the 1oth centile which is very little and was weighing roughly 3 lb so 4 lb 3oz dont seem to bad and it is done to you individually from your bmi and height and stuff x

My Ethan weighed 4lb 14oz at 30 weeks exactly which is way off the scale, but he did have Hydrops so had a lot of fluid in his body. I think 4lb 3oz at 32 weeks isn't too bad, looking at the percentile chart I think that's about 75th percentile so on target to be roughly 8lber.

got a growth scan tuesday the 7th will let you know then x i'll be 28 weeks and 6 days x

Last edited:
God I wish I knew how much mine roughly weighs! I've been measuring small ever since midwife started measuring bump, and yesterday she measured me 3cms small. Wanna know if she weighs what she should be! X

I really want to know the weight Devon is now too lexi!

Lilymum2Joe - I don't think that sounds big at all! you have 8 weeks left , so 7.5 /8lb maybee?
Don't forget it is only an estimate , and plus or minus a certain percentage of error too

Thanks everyone, I guess thats about average then.
and my ticker says for 31 weeks there about 4lb so that sounds about right.
Im just scared of having a 10lb baby to push out of my fannage :lol:

I had a scan at 33+1 and baby was estimated at 4lbs 14oz which was perfectly on target - the scan was to check out if it was small, but everything was ok. To be honest, I didn't pay too much attention to the weight as it is just an estimate.

p.s. I'm with you on the fear of a big baby tho!

Sounds pretty much spot on, gigantic baby currently residing in my womb was estimated 5lb 5oz at 32 weeks. Wouldn't worry it's only an estimate and not a definate weight x

God I wish I knew how much mine roughly weighs! I've been measuring small ever since midwife started measuring bump, and yesterday she measured me 3cms small. Wanna know if she weighs what she should be! X

my bump measured 29 cms yesterday duno if its good or bad she didn't say much about it... :S

I was 25 cms at 25 weeks :) so who knows x

my bump measured 29 cms yesterday duno if its good or bad she didn't say much about it... :S

I was 25 cms at 25 weeks :) so who knows x

I think you sound about right, if you're 28 weeks and she measures 1cm over that's ok. I'm 32 weeks but measure 29 which worries me a little as my baby is small and at 20 weeks scan she was smaller than average. Not been told to ave any growth scans though x

:mad: my stupid midwife still hans't measured me and I am 32weeks on Saturday!

last time she said she had forgot her tape measure this time she said not everyone measures during routine appointment, but I have no other non-routiune appointments so what is she on? :wall2:

she said 'babay feels like a good size' yeah no shit sherlock I could have told you that myself :roll:

HI I'm totally new but I wanted to share (hope thats ok :))

I had a growth scan on Wednesday (at 30+3) and our little one is alreadly measuring 36 weeks according to the ultrasound (measurements put him weighing at between 5lbs and 6lbs already!) I totally understand the worry.

Also I've got terrible SPD and this is being made worse by the fact he's on the larger side. I ended up in hospital with the pain on Wednesday because they thought I was going into early labour...I felt like such a drama queen..... I know it's a worry but try not to fret because if theres any concerns the hopsital will guide you through your options and I know its a cop out but it's what I keep telling myself lol ;) womens bodies are built to handle childbirth....just hopefully that includes gigantic babies!

I'm sure I read somewhere that big babies are easier to deliver??? Or did I make that up? And if it is true....how?!?!

Hi Emszii btw :)

Thanks and hi!

I absolutley hope the above is true lol!

I'm sure I read somewhere that big babies are easier to deliver??? Or did I make that up? And if it is true....how?!?!
Wow, I hope that's true...although sounds a bit like wishful thinking to me! ;)

(Hi Emszii :wave:)

Just remember though once the head is out the rest is easy :) so if they have a big head ouch x

Oh Im doomed, if she takes after he dad shell have mahoosive head ;) :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back