Useless appointment today :(

Rósa

Reaction score
Well had a Glucose tolerence test wednesday because I have high BMI, thankdfully that came back clear and I don't have diabetes. Yesterday had a growth scan , that went well and baby growing nicely :D and she is still a girl and hasn't developed a penis :lol:
However had a consultant appointment this morning, again still no consultant present (haven't even met him yet :( ) He was in Zimbabwe ... So saw a female Doctor who was Indian ( no offence meant but could hardly understand her ) and she told me completely different to what the last doctor told me. baby is lying Oblique and if she doesn't turn by the time Im 32 weeks, I will be having a c-section :shock: The last doctor I saw said that I would be scanned at 28/32/36 weeks if baby was in wrong position at 36 weeks they would have a few goes at turning her before saying a c-section is necessary, this doctor didn't mention anything like this at all and said if she wrong at 32 weeks a c-section is necessary. So now totally confused. Also looked up this hospitals record of c-sections and its seems quite high at 28% so think they c-section happy :(

Last edited:
almost all good news, apart from the last bit!! it doesnt help when the blooming doctor doesnt speak clear english if youre an english speaker lol (thats our country for you) hmm thats annoying about the rate of sections as well, lets hope the next appointment they try and turn baby or something, and you may still be ok to go naturally. flipping babies are a nightmare! why do we bother!? xxx

its horrible when doctors give you conflicting advise, but you seem to know what you are talking about so if at 32 weeks they still say the same then you tell them what another doctor had said to you and that you want to go down that route first and have c section as a last resort.
I never see my consultant only the registrs, I only ever saw my consultant wen i was pregnant with my 3rd and i was in hospital for 11 weeks so I saw him a few times but again it was mainly the registras but i preferred them anyway as he was really nice and gave me weekend leave when my consulatant said no, ( i know he was naughty but so nice) well they always plan to induce me 2 weeks early because of the speed of my labours but never managed it with last 3 as 3rd was prem and then next 2 wasn't ready at 38 weeks but waters broke before 39 weeks so i went straight in. so this time they have said they will discuss it at 32 weeks but they doubt it because i managed to get to the hospital. only cause i was lucky my waters broke i would never have made the hospital otherwise as last labour was 8 mins from start to finish. so i will be hoping they will listen to me at 32 week appointment.

I've never heard of a c section at 32 because baby isn't in position because surely it has loads of time to move?

I've never heard of a c section at 32 because baby isn't in position because surely it has loads of time to move?

they wont give me the c-section at 32 weeks just book me in for it

Rósa;1801203 said:

they wont give me the c-section at 32 weeks just book me in for it

Oh right, sorry. Still seems a bit early to jump the gun and book you in.

Really dont get that our baby was breech at 33 weeks - have check tuesday to c if still is and then again at 36 weeks and been told if still breech then will scan at 37 weeks to be 100%sure and then book cearsearon for 38 to 39 weeks midwife advised against the ECV. She did say it looks like baby wont move but is giving it the chance to .

Last edited:
If your hospital has a high section rate then they may just be booking you in to be on the safe side as you can always cancel your section. My hospital wanted me to have a section earlier than the 8th but can't fit me in. Baby still has alot of time to move xxx

If your hospital has a high section rate then they may just be booking you in to be on the safe side as you can always cancel your section. My hospital wanted me to have a section earlier than the 8th but can't fit me in. Baby still has alot of time to move xxx

I hope so, but she was in this postion at the 20 week scan as well, so either she hasn't moved or just gone back there

Rosa that sounds like what I was going through with my second, the hospital wanted me to book a c-section so they could take care of a cyst too!! Totally jumpng the gun and not letting nature take its course.
The out come was that baby was a unstable lie, could turn a full 360 degrees at 40+8 and weighing 8lb 6oz, I went into labour naturally and panic stations by doctors and midwives as they were convinced I was for an emergency c-section, baby had gone head down and was delivered naturally. Nature is a wonderful thing and I hope all turns out ok for you. Just wanted you to know all is not lost and hospitals always seem to want to intervene unnecessarily. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back