I'm new and confused!

Coco pops

Reaction score
Hello All!:wave:

I am new to this site and am trying to learn the abbreviations! I came off the pill in the middle of December and have been ttc since, just finished my period which hit me like a hammer - I stupidly assumed I would just fall pregnant! :sad:

I am going to be very busy this weekend trying to make it happen for us!!

Hey :wave:

Welcome to PF :)

It may be worth investing in some OPKs (ovulation prediction kits) to use & figure out when your going to ovulate so you know when to :bd: (have sexy time) at the right times to increase your chances of conceiving

A lot of the girls on here use the OPKs & keep notes of the cycle lengths & symptoms & some also chart their temperature in the mornings throughout the month

The girls on here are amazing & I've learnt so much since being on here in November, no matter what question you have, someone will he able to answer it for you

Wishing you lots of luck on your TTC journey :clover:

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

xxxx

Hello All!:wave:

just finished my period which hit me like a hammer - I stupidly assumed I would just fall pregnant! :sad:

Hello lovely :wave:

You are not the first and won't be the last to think that! You're in great company here chick :)
We have all said that after years of being told you'd get preg just by standing next to a pair of trousers, it comes as a shock that this is lies!!!
hehe!

Best of luck on your TTC journey
:dust:
xx

Welcome to the forums! :wave:

You're definitely not alone in thinking that, as Sunnygirl says, we all thought it would be super duper easy but it's not always. The average time for a healthy couple to fall pregnant is 1 year - I couldn't believe it! :faint:

As Kezza says, perhaps invest in some OPKs however, the pill may take a little while to work it's way out of your body so it may take a period or two for your cycles to settle down - I'm not really sure - it does vary from woman to woman. However, you're apparently your most fertile after coming off the pill so I'd get BDing! ;) :bunny:

Hope your stay in TTC is a short one. :thumbup:

x x

Last edited:
Hello & Welcome :wave:

Here is a few abbreviations to help you out

TC - Trying to Conceive
AF - Aunt Flo, period, the witch
BFP - Big Fat Positive
BFN - Big Fat Negative
OV - Ovulation
OPK - Ovulation Prediction Kit
2WW - Two week wait
CD - Cycle Day

I agree with Kezza OPK's will help you out, I have just started using them this month so fingers crossed it will help me get my BFP this month!

Good luck in journey TTC sending you lots of :dust::dust::dust:

Thanks ladies!

Can anyone recommend a ovulation predictor kit???

You can get them from eBay, very good value for money & may be a good starting point whilst your cycles are getting back to normal as the girls said, your cycles may be a lil all over the place with coming off the pill

The ones in the pharmacies like Boots own ones, Asda or ClearBlue are very good but quite expensive & better used if your cycled are regular

Then again depends on how much you don't mind spending

xxx

Ooooo should mention on how to use them

The cheapie ones from eBay say to use between 10am & 8pm & to test the same time every day, reduce fluid intake a couple of hours before hand, not to use first morning urine, leave your urine & the test for 20 mins to get to room temperature before using.......

Everyone is different though as some girls hormone levels are different to others, some pick up the hormone surge in the morning & some in the evening

Also the downside of testing once a day is you may not pick up your surge as it happens very quickly

For example if you have a perfect 28 day cycle you can start testing from say cycle day 10 testing once a day & as you get closer to cycle day 14/15 to test twice a day from cycle day 12

Another thing to remember is that many things can cause ovulation to happen earlier or later then expected

Erm......trying to think of anything else, think that's it & I hope I haven't confused you

xxxx

Encyclopedia Kezzatannica!! You know like everything *is in awe*
What can cause late or early ov? I know stress is one...
xx

Hiya and welcome!

You're not alone in thinking that it would be easy peasy to get pregnant. I was exaclty the same the first time we tried. I came off the pill a couple of weeks before we got married and expected to come back from our honeymoon pregnant - it was a real shock when I didn't.

Good luck with ttc, hope you get your BFP soon xxx

Hi!!

My husband doesn't want me to get obsessed but I think that's him just being male and not really understanding! I think I might leave the ovulation tests a few months and see how things go but then I argue with myself that I could be wasting valuable months!!! Its hard to know what to do for the best for my mental state - I am already obsessed so what harm can the tests do?!!

I am so going to get blocked from this site for being annoying!!!

I reckon do it one thing at a time and let your body settle down with a few pill free cycles first. That way you'll get any random cycles out of the way and then be in a better position to see what your body does on an average cycle. I was regularISH and then had a 45 day one out of the blue. Another 31 day one after that and it's only now I'm doing opks. Which are driving me mad...

Thats why I think probably best to just leave it for a little while - I am still in a very positive state of mind assuming it will happen this month if I :bd: enough!!!

xx

Hehehe :blush: this has really made me smile today, thanks my lovely :flower:

I know that stress, either good or bad, health, hormones or illness can bring OV early or delay it

xxx

xx

Hehehe :blush: this has really made me smile today, thanks my lovely :flower:

I know that stress, either good or bad, health, hormones or illness can bring OV early or delay it

xxx

Awww :petal:
xxxxx

Frikkin ov - I am so over watching out for the flippin' thing. Doing my head right in. Just been noseying in opk gallery and saw Maybe had a late ov at CD21. FX that's the way I will be. Strips - never want to see one again.

Strips - never want to see one again

Sorry, could not resist on this comment - last night I was lying in bed and they way the street light was coming through the window it was shining on the wall and it looked just like an OPK or HPT strip!! If you think thats bad enough, I was squinting at it looking to see if there were 1 or 2 lines :shock:

Sorry, could not resist on this comment - last night I was lying in bed and they way the street light was coming through the window it was shining on the wall and it looked just like an OPK or HPT strip!! If you think thats bad enough, I was squinting at it looking to see if there were 1 or 2 lines :shock:

:rotfl:

How you doing :flower:?

xxx

Hey Im just cool. Im choked with cold and feel really sick but hey ho. How about you? Getting close to testing?

:rofl: too funny :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back