New & confused

Wannabepreggers

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am currently trying for my first baby with my husband. I stopped taking the mini pill last October & had my first period on November 16th. Since then I have had another 2 cycles lasting 21-22 days. Because my cycles aren't the usual 4 weeks, I have no idea when I'm ovulating, can anone help? :help:

:wave: Welcome to the forum! I've moved your post to a new thread so it's more likely to get noticed :)

There are a few things you can do to learn more about what is going on in your cycles. Studying patterns in your cervical mucus may give you some idea of when you're ovulating, as it becomes more abundant and takes on the appearance and consistency of egg white around the time of ovulation. Temping (taking your temperature every morning at the same time before you do anything else (like getting out of bed, drinking, eating) - best with a basal body temperature (BBT) thermometer that gives a reading to 2 decimal places. You should notice a temperature shift immediately after ovulation - your temperature will rise and stay high until your next period. Some people also use ovulation predictor kits (opks), which detect the LH surge that occurs before ovulation - you can buy cheap strip tests on ebay so it's not too expensive.

Good luck! :dust:

just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum! x

Thank you very much for your advice & posts, I never thought to check ebay for ovulation tests, they're so expensive in the shops. :thanks:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back