New and confused

Ready2go

Reaction score
Hello.

I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday evening.

I am new to this forum. I am getting married in 3 months and we would like to start trying after that. I have actually already come off the pill since September but I have only had one period since. I know some people don't go back to their normal cycle for a while after coming off the pill but I actually have a history of no-show.

I started quite young but they were never regular and somewhere in my teenage years, my periods just stopped. I was very embarrassed about the whole thing so I never told anyone until about 4 years ago when I finally decided to go to a doctor. I had a few tests done but as I was not TTC at the time they didn't do much about it other than put me on the pill that did give me a regular cycle. I don't remember what they diagnosed me with - secondary something or other. Apparently to do with the fact that I am overweight and because of that my body isn't getting rid of the male hormones like it should.

After coming off the pill I did come on twice (straight after and then 6 weeks later in November) but I guess that was just the remnants of the pill in my system.

So, I am not sure what I should be doing. Should I just wait a few more months and see if I get a period naturally (as some women have to wait a while until the pill gets out of their system) or should I just go straight to the doctor although we haven't "officially" actually started trying yet.

Thanks
Kitty

Welcome to the forum :wave:

If you're planning to start trying as soon as you're married I'd have a word with your doctor now. If you're cycles had been regular in the past I'd advise you just to wait a bit longer, but I'd explain that you're soon going to be trying to conceive and you're concerned that your lack of periods isn't simply due to the pill. The doctor may just advise you to wait another few months but it's worth asking. I hope you get some answers soon x

welcome to the forum :)

I came off the pill somewhere around 20th october and my cycles did not become regular till December , So I suggest you wait for them to get back to normal , then that way you can track ovulation and things

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back