I'm I being too oversensitive?

jellybean

Reaction score
I appologise for this thread now as I am feeling really blue and sorry for myself and just need to vent some frustration really and perhaps have some peoples advise!
I have got a very dominant controlling mother inlaw, she is very nice and I get on with her, until she comes to stay with us and then we clash. I come from a broken family and as a result have never had a close knit family and am very independant, my husband on the other hand comes from a very close knit family with his mother being the matriach and what she says goes. My husband left home at 16yrs and has moved around alot so hasn't really been that close to them and since him and I have been together, we have always lived a fair distance from them which works. Since we got married 4yrs ago and had our son, I feel as though she just has no respect for my opinions in the slightest and everything I tell her to do or not to do-she ignores me. For example, I have asked her on so many occasions not to buy our son clothes as I dont like her taste and have said that if she really insists on buying him things then if I tell her what we need then it wont be wasted...she doesnt take any notice.
Now we have recently moved to Malta which I am sure she resents me for, they came out to visit in April which was a nightmare for me as they stayed with us for a week. I am due our second baby on the 8th August and she has told us that they are comming over for a week on the 20th, despite me saying that its not a good time as I will need time to bond and adjust to the new adition. I feel so upset about this as I know she will control little things in the way she does and I think what has upset me more is that my husband thinks I am being totally unreasnable as he said we could do with the help:-(. I feel so alone in this and just want it to be us as a family unit until we have at least settled abit, but she nor his family see this. Providing baby arrives on time, she will be less than 2 weeks old...I feel like running away:-(

mother in laws r soo cheeky! having children herself ud think she would know u need a little space. and what happens if babies late? your husband obviously doesnt care so if ur goin to put ur foot down it may cause some arguments but if i were u id make a stand about it! hope everything works out for u because we all know what MIL r like xxx

Im really sorry to hear how your feeling about your MIL actions. I would totally be the same! I dont think your being over sensitive, i dont think i'd much like any family staying with me for a week anytime let alone when i have a new born.
You have good reason for not wanting them there and your husband is probably being a little bit insensitive and not at least trying to see reason :(

Im sorry i have no real advice for you, i just really sympathise with you.

Hope your husband see sense and you get it sorted :( xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back