I'm getting a brown discharge and I'm so scared- please help

Sarahy

Reaction score
Hello,

I am 6 weeks gone and for the past 4 days I've been getting a brown discharge. Sometimes it's a really light colour and other times it's slightly darker. As well as that, last night I felt as though I was having period pains, although so far there is no blood. This is my 1st pregnancy so I have nothing to compare it to- I am terrified.

To give you some background on what I have been through whilst pregnant, I underwent an operation on my throat under general anesthetic (before I found out I was pregnant) and as such was on a lot of painkillers (including morphine) and antibiotics. I also haemorraged from my throat a week after the op and my blood pressure dipped dangerously low. I am so scared about the effect this has had on my baby and am terrified I'm going to miscarry- can anyone help me please?

Thank you,
Sarah

I had bleeding... but proper red blood through my first tri's and into my second tri's with both my pregnancies... I've had the brown discharge too...

as midna said...I know it's not easy not to panic, but try not to... I would speak to your GP too.. just for some reassurance... alternatively, if you can, pay for a private scan.. which is what I did, to put my mind at rest. Its worth the money tbh.

As for all the meds and things that happened when you first became pregnant... babies are exceptionally well protected when they are inside you and the likelihood of you doing any damage to the baby is small although they will keep an eye on you to make sure everything is ok and progressing well.

Just remember many women take recreational drugs and binge drink before they find out they are pregnant and go on to have normal healthy babies..

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Try to stay positive and relax as much as possible. Usually the brown discharge is a clean out, but it can also be your body telling you to slow down a bit, especially as you have been ill recently.

hey, this is my first too, and i am also having the brown cm.... i have been reading on the internet about it and it seems to say it is common in the 1st tri, but to get it checked out too.

i have the doc's on tuesday, so i think i will ask then.

i woke up the other night with horrible period like pains too, but after i popped to the loo it went away lol!!!

good luck hun xxx

Wow you have been through so much! I can't add to the above but just wanted to send you some hugs. Try not to worry, loads of people experience spotting that leads to nothing :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks everyone, you are all great! I've been sat here in tears all morning convinced I was about to miscarry and you've all really put my mind at ease. I need to chill out! Thanks you so much, good luck to you all.
Sarah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had this too at 6, 8, 9 and 20 weeks. It is very scary and all you can do is think the worst but try not to. It does seem SO common and doesn't always mean something is wrong.

A lot of the time, even doctors/midwives can't give a reason for brown discharge/bleeds. It does appear that it is a way of the body clearing out all the crap.

I'd contact your midwife if it turns red or if you get chronic pain but otherwise, put a pad on and monitor it, try and put your feet up and rest and try not to worry.

There are loads of us here that have been through this so feel free to ask anything that is on your mind :hug:

Hiya hun sorry you are having this worry :hug: :hug:

Like the others have said it is probably nothing but i would get yourself checked out,

when i had my loss i had brown discharge for a week which then changed to red blood but by this time i knew what was happening so expected it

The docs will be able to check your hormone levels in your blood if you are worried

:hug: :hug:

Hi,

I had spotting and bleeding in the first tri with my son. At exactly the same stage as you're experiencing it.

You should definitely get it checked it out, make an appointment with your GP on Monday. They may well offer you an early scan and/or blood tests.

Brown discharge is old blood which is good news. I had spotting from weeks 6 - 12.5. In between that I also had red bleeding as well.

I will never forget the emotional wreck I was during that time, I have total sympathy for you. You can't help but worry when you get spotting.

I hope you'll take comfort from the fact that lots of us have experienced it and have gone onto have healthy pregnancies and babies.

Make sure you get yourself checked out though. It's common but should never be ignored.

Take care x

Like the others have said it is very common to have spotting, but just to put your mind at rest i would speak to your GP/Midwife and if it contines see if you can have an early scan.

Just keep an eye on it and if it does suddenly seem more do get yourself checked out, its always better to be safe than sorry, Just try and relax and rest, and im sure things will settle down soon.

Thank you all for your responses. Unfortunately in my case it was bad news as I lost my baby this evening. I'm absolutely devastated. I truely hope everything goes well for everyone else and I wish you all the best xXx

Oh no :cry: I'm so sorry to hear this from you too. Please take care and look after yourself. :hug:

I'm so, so sorry to hear this.

Sending you lots of hugs :hug:

Take care x

I was really hoping this wouldnt be happening to you hun i am so so sorry

I lost my baby at 6 weeks +4 nearly two months ago and if you ever want to talk about it please PM me hun

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sweetheart, I understand how you are feeling right now has i too am just coming to terms of a misscarriage, i began spotting last sunday and by wedseday was heavyly bleeding, i was a late 7 weeks, if you need to talk please feel free to get in touch..... :hug:

Mel

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back