Dark brown stringy discharge

Tryingagain Em

Reaction score
I'm terrified! I just went to the loo and found a few strands of stringy, brown discharge. I don't have really bad pains but I'm just not sure what's happening! Help please!

I don't know what to say hun, if it's not red and not painful, try not to worry and keep an eye on it. Sure that's easier said that done, but a lot of girls seem to have had it :hug: Hope you're ok.

xxxxx

Sorry for being so gross in my first post. I don't know the abbreviations and stuff so just write in full. I'm not sure how far along I am - I could be as far 11 weeks or 7 weeks because my periods were never regular! Suddenly I feel very sick and depressed!

:hug: oh hun. why don't you pop and see doc in the morning. see if you can get referred and some answers to how far along you are.

xxx

Try not to panic. I had this for 10 days when I was 7 weeks. Can be lots of things. Many get it around the time their period is due. It could also be leftover implantation bleeding. Brown means old, so its been haging around a while and is just coming away now as ur uterus is moving and stretching. As long as its not bright red, clots or ur not getting cramps u should be ok.
Keep an eye on it and call ur gp if u want to put ur mind at rest.
Take care xxxx

As the others say hun it sounds normal. I had brown spotting around 5 weeks and again at 8 weeks, I was told by gp and midwife it's perfectly normal and if it's brown it's old! Just keep an eye on it, if it goes red has clots or you get a lot of pain then get it checked out Xx

Thanks ladies. I thinking may be a bit panicky due to a MC in September 10. This is how that started with a brown discharge. Ive just been again and there's nothing there so going to try and stay calm and see what happens. Easier said than done eh!!!!!!!!

Ok so this morning I don't seem to have a discharge but when I wipe the fluid on the tissue looks light brown. Any ideas?

Sometimes the cervix can get very vascular after 6weeks and with the normal CM that pregnancy produces it could be bringing some old blood from the cervix out with it. Don't panic, stress really doesn't help so try not to worry. Def call the midwife or GP if u can't ignore it. Take care xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back