I'm a bit cross and a warning to others

TORino

Reaction score
When I was pregnant the first time round I signed up to several websites, in particular Emma's Diary.

I got loads of emails and still get them occasionally which is more annoying now than anything else but when things were still a bit 'raw' I got very upset by them. I have tried at least 10 times to unsubscribe from these emails.

Anyhoo, I have been having the number 0800 8499290 call me over the last few days and I thought it was some sort of insurance cold calling or something.

I answered (in the office) and it was someone from Emma's diary calling and congratulating me on the birth of my baby :shock:

If I wasn't in the office I would have hit the roof. I know mistakes happen but this takes the biscuit this one.

I just wanted to warn people to avoid further potential upset in the future.

oh dear God

:hug:

Last edited:
Thats awful hun, just what you needed!!
I didnt sign up to any websites this time. xxx

I have purposefully not signed up to anything at all this time round because of what happened with the emails etc.

I hung up the phone on the girl because I was so incensed. People at work don't know about it so I couldn't really continue the conversation.

Same happened to me with emails hun, still getting them from my first preganancy even though i have unscribed loads. Not nice seeing in writing each week how far along i would have been. xxx big hugs

This happened to me after my last miscarriage. It's really upsetting and annoying but the worst thing that happened after having my D and C a couple of weeks later I had a phone call from a snooty midwife asking why I had missed an appointment. I had to explain what had happened and she apologised, but I couldn't believe that my notes hadn't filtered down. It was really upsetting :(

why is the system so rubbish! I've said it before and I'll say it again, i think its because we keep quiet, its because we don't make a noise about having had an mc, we deal with it quietly, privately and noone else knows or appreciates how common this is and how traumatic! Emma's Diary should at least be aware of this, thats sooooo insensitive! But all these systems should be better, notes going to midwives, unsubscribing from websites, TORino if you have it in you I think a really rude email or phone call is needed to Emma's Diary!

Thants terrible email is bad enough. But to ring u hugs xx x

I still get my emails so I mark them as spam then I can just bin them without having to see anything. I am getting mad sent several emails threatenin watchdog, court action lol it enrages me

I get emails still now also from em as diary which I've unsubscribe from many times. I also get them from pampers who I never subscribe with so can't stop them being sent! As for my midwife I text her 3 weeks after my mc just before my 16 week appointment and she hadn't been told by the hospital or anything! Communication is so slack!

I don't know what I would do if someone rang m tho? That is so insensitive big hugs to u :hugs: xx

oh, hun its so bad. I have had it twice now, once with my late mmc and then as I had my son at term i had signed up but now i want to unsubscribe its seems fairly hard to and i have had all sorts related to emmas diary phone me up, I just tell them straight. although i do just delete my emails now. Nothing like rubbing the salt in the wound huh?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite
Back