Feeling a bit unappreciated and lonely !! warning rant to follow !!

lewisca

Reaction score
Really dont want to moan to u lovely ladies but dont know who else to moan too !!!

A few of u know my hubby is a copper so works shifts which leaves me on my own with the kids quite a bit. I know this isnt hugely different to many others situations but some days I have no help what so ever.

So hubby was working 5pm till 3am yesterday (started at 5) so I did the school/nursery run in am, housework and sorted out for my plumber friend to come and fix the pilot light as it wouldnt stay on so no heating or hotwater ( i got up 5 times in the night to relight it !!! so knackered).
I made lunch and washed up, hubby did go to pick Ethan up from school but I still had to go get Kian from nursery and get back for plumber at 5.
Got back just in time put the kids dinner on while plumber there it was very nearly the end of my boiler ! so had a stressful hr while he was trying to see if he could save it !!!
Once he had gone got boys ready for bed Ethan saying he had tummy ache (think he was constripated) but also very tired from a busy week at school. boys went up and Rhea starts screaming !!!!! she is over tired cant get her to settle so think i'll bring her last bottle forward. she takes an oz in 15 mins !!! she then nods off so I dream feed her while listen to ethan whimpering upstairs cos of his tummy.
Finally get rhea sorted and in bed, she screams again form 15 mins (trying to get her to self settle) its now 9.15 and i havent eaten ! make myself a pastan sauce (slimming world friendly) when Ethan starts up again. Manage to get him to go to the loo which he does and seem bit better, so go back down to try and eat !! He starts up again and gets himself all upset. sat him on the loo passes lots of wind but is so worked up he is sick all in his onsie and the floor and me !!!!! but says I feel better now !! get everything cleaned up and go finish my dinner its 10pm.
Go to bed to chill out and read for 10 mins before i go to sleep get into bed after 5 mins i realise my shoulder is wet the cat has done a wee on the bed !!!!! total about to lose it !! clean that all up including turning mattress and spraying whole thing of frebrezze !!!!
kids have me up couple of times so does hubby when he comes home and burbs kebab fumes in my face while he is asleep !!!!

so today up with kids done 3 loads of washing and ironing. hubby gets up says this house needs a clean !!! again i do all the washing up. he did make me a coffee. drag him along to the kids party where he eats lunch they wont serve a salad in the room cos i would need cutlery !!! so agin i go hungry ! At least kids have eaten! And off he has gone to work again till 3am ! so I have the night time routine to myself again and madam has been a pain with her last bottle !

sorry for the moan just needed to get it out ! having snuggles on sofa at the min think the boys r only doing it cos they want their programmes on !!

Superwoman!!! Wow what a day you had. Hope tonight goes a bit better for you :hugs: xx

Thanks Pos me too !!! boys should b tired after running round the wacky !! and Ethan has complain to tummy ache so fx !!!
How's your littleman getting on ? he is gorgeous xxx

Aw honey x :hugs: I hope you get a better sleep tonight and a better day tomoz x

Thanks Mrs R going round my mums and she tends to help with the boys even telling them off so i dont have too !! might even get dinner cooked !! oh is on nights tomorrow so will probably get up at 12pm but not go to work till 9pm so will b here to help with night time routine !!! know i sound like a right moaning minnie but just find his late shifts hard ! xx

I've had to read this 3 times as I collapsed with exhaustion!! Gosh what a day! Must admit the cat wee made me laugh!!

thought everyone would fall asleep by the end !!!! lol can laugh a bit bout it now feel better after ranting on here ! Cat is well and truely in dog house though ! he keeps trying to get on my lap and i keep moving the laptop onto it !!! xxx

You def sound like superwoman!! :hug: lucky kiddies and lucky hubby :) x

Thanks olive ! U probably wouldn't say that of u saw the state of the house ! Lol it's not that bad but we r decorating living room so till its done I'm tending to only tidy it !
And I'm no more of a superwoman than the rest of u lovely ladies !! Think we all deserve medals ! Let's hope r hubbies and kids remember is on mothers day ! Xxx

Wow super mummy!! I'd have fractured after all that carry on :hug: I'm in the same line of work as your hubby and believe me being a mummy is much harder! Xx you're doing a fantastic job x

Thanks Hun I'm a nurse when I'm not on mat leave so do understand how stressful his job is but would b nice if he put himself in my shoes occasionally ! Oh well all u ladies have made me feel much better !! Xxxx

Oh my goodness me, that has given me a headache even thinking about your day!! I would have been in total melt down. I think it would of been the cat wee that sent me over the edge!!
Have a nice restful night... if you can chick xxx

I very nearly did lose it the cat wee was the perfect end to a perfect day ! Lol thankfully those kind of days are a rarity ! Thanks hun im going to try Boys r fast asleep and just put the little lady down so getting a coffee and going to relax in bed with my book for a bit ! I'm hard core me ! Lol oh for a night out on the tiles !! Xx

Wot a day, Im exhausted reading it! Hope you get a well deserved rest tonight x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Wow, I really dont know how you manage all that in a day without collapsing through out the day if its every day near enough. what about 10 mins for you whilst you get something to eat and drink to recharge your self. do they sleep well the youngest? you sound knackered and frustrated and i dont blame you. good job someone else is helping you but really your oh should be helping when hes back not expecting you to clean the house once again i would just say bog off if he can do it better make him do it lol. i feel for you hugs x

Thanks Hun oh is quite good really on his days off he gives me a lie in does school run etc and does his share of housework it's just when he is working he gets bit selfish . Rhea normally sleeps really well goes right through but last 3 nights she has started waking for her dummy. Been up since 6 as she woke and I struggled to get her back off by the time I did boys were awake ! And they wouldnt go back off. Going to make sure I get a soak in the bath this pm once oh is up . Think my main issues is I'm tired but also think I need some me time !xxx

:hug: get in that bath for an hour!! Lol!! U defo need some 'me time' babe :hug:

Thanks JM going make sure I get my soak and have my headphones on with music full blast so I can bloke out the kids !! Hope your getting so me time too ? How's lily getting on with her anklet ? Xxx

I might be able to grab a bath when oh gets home later.. :)
She's got a really nasty cold atm so can't really tell if it's helping lol constantly unsettled and stuff :( think this is day 4 of it on her ankle so far!

Make sure u do !! Bless her she is having it rough ! Hopefully she will b all better soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back