I'm having a bad day!

skatty

Reaction score
Hi Girls, I know that what I am about to moan about is not a serious problem but I have been so upset today! I am living in Denmark and DH made an appointment with the doctor but she doesn't speak english! I told him I need an english speaking doctor as my danish is not so good and he told me to ring around as he's going to work. I got so upset, I'm already scared about whats coming up in the next 9 months without not understanding whats going on. For him to call a doctors office is a simple conversation whereas for me it is stressful and awkward trying to make myself understood. He has had to go to work a 24 hour shift and has rang to apologise 3 times already but I just don't think he understands how it feels to be in my position. I honestly feel like moving back to London today! This has to be the hormones, is anyone else crying at the slightest little thing?

Hi Skatty,

sorry to hear you are having a nightmare Friday..yes it is probably alot to do with hormones but it is also that you feel a bit isolated there.. my friend had a similar problem when she moved to Germany pregnant with her first child.. she did not speak german.. neither does her OH so they both really struggled and she was miserable and ended up moving back here as soon as Thomas was born.. it must be difficult.. its hard enough when we can be understood.

I think your OH maybe does not really get how you feel.. totally normal.. he is a guy after all and they do not know what to do but he should at least make the phone calls for you.. if easier for him to do so than for yourself.

Give yourself a hug and remember that you are allowed to feel miserable.. and yes I still cry at stupid things.. every morning I watch bbc news and I cry at most of the headlines.. even the happy ones.. I used to think I was a toughie but not anymore!!

hang in there and make sure your OH makes it up to you when he gets off his shift.

take care
xxxx

I know what u mean about feeling isolated honey ... belive me!, there is nothing worse!!

I was living in cyprus when i found out i was PG, i had to come back to the UK WITHOUT my OH because of doctors fee's and living arrangements...

Im now staying in cheshire with my IL who i only met ONCE!! (At xmas) in an area i've never been before, with no friends and no one to talk to :( so i really know how hard it is ...

My OH doesn't really understand either he thinks because im here everything should be hunky dory!! im alone,scared,fed-up and need support so much and not getting it....

All i can say is ... you ever want a chat then IM me hun and i'll give you my MSN ...

The language barrer is very hard to crack and i know you must feel so isolated .... if your like me most days you wonder why on earth you bother getting out of bed when all you want to do is lay down and do nothing but cry!!!

Chin up hun .... sending you lots of hugs .... just wish we lived closer so we could help one another :(

Hi Skatty,

I too know how you feel.......i currently live with my husband in Valencia, spain, have been here for 2 years, and can get by on basic spanish but 'm not fluent. My husband's contract ends in March 2007 so will be moving back to the UK then!

Which means that i'm having our little girl here in Spain.........i am really nervous about the whole system here, as well as not being able to understand with the whole language thing and as this is my first i want everything to be just perfect, what also worries me is that you don't have a birth plan here.....it's just so laid back and go with the flow. I also feel like i'm missing out by not having my baby in the uk!

My husband, thinks evrything will be fine, but i don't think he really understands how i feel........but thats men for you!

Over the next few months i'm going to look postive at this.......and take it as great experience and achievement.

So try not to worry, and i'm sure everything will work out!

Sorry to ramble on

Amy xx

Thank you so much for your messages! I feel better knowing others understand! I do have friends here but not a whole load like I have at home. I'm also going to danish lessons but since getting pregnant I'm finding it really hard, my brain is like jelly!

I can see why you are nervous Amy, my friend was in the same situation (having no birth plan) in Holland. I don't know how all that is here because I'm only 6 weeks. All the danish women I know seem to get through birth with no stitches or pain control and its all over in a matter of hours!

I can see a common theme with men! They think that if they act like nothing is a problem then we'll be ok! My DH has called three times to apologise and also to tell me he's been looking into moving to a bigger flat so he must feel really guilty, tee-hee, so he should!

Imi, I feel bad for you too. I imagine the IL are nice people but it must be a bit uncomfortable for you and you haven't even got your DH to moan to. When will you see him again? You can PM me anytime, I work from home so I will usually be around to answer quickly.

Anne Marie you did make me laugh crying at the news, I'm inconsolable watching Miami Animal Police on Animal Planet, I get so upset!

Thanks again to all of you, I am feeling much better xx

Hi I am quite an emotional person anyway but at the moment it is terrible. I went to buy my mum a mothers day card the other day and started crying in the middle of the shop because the words were nice in one of the cards I read. How sad is that. LOL

Hi I am quite an emotional person anyway but at the moment it is terrible. I went to buy my mum a mothers day card the other day and started crying in the middle of the shop because the words were nice in one of the cards I read. How sad is that. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back