I'm 16 years old, please please help. Am I pregnant?

vivian4545

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I had sex while I was on my period, and he didn't completely pull out when he came while we were doing it in the shower, my period started June 6 we had sex June 11th and then my period ended June 14th Last month my period started on may 8th and ended may 14, It's June 21 and I've been experiencing enlargement of my breasts, much like when I'm on my period except there's no soreness, my abdomen seems to be getting bigger, I have slight nausea, all of these symptoms happened within the course of 2 days June 20th and June 21st before that I didn't feel any different. I have gotten a new job recently and a license so maybe it's because of stress? maybe it's because I'm psyching myself out because I keep reading up on pregnancy symptoms? or am I pregnant? I would really appreciate any advice and if I am pregnant how soon can I take a pregnancy test to verify, I have irregular periods so when should I take it? Thank you for any advice.

Hey i have just turned 17 and im having the exact same problem and i also have irregular periods but i had sex on the nineth and elevent and im havingn all the symptons you are. my doctor made me an appointment to see her on the 4th july for a pregnancy test but you can have a positive pregnancy test after 3 weeks i believe :/ im also getting a larger abdomen and im having really bad cramps but im not due on for another 2 weeks :/ xx

Try not to worry. It is very unlikely that you will be pregnant, but it would be sensible to go and see your GP.

If they confirm that you are not pregnant, please take the opportunity to discuss long term contraceptives until you actually want children xx

I would make an appointment with you GP for a pregnancy test. Like LouiseB said, I would definately get some sort of contraceptive plan in place if you are worried about becoming pregnant. You can't ever have sex without risk of becoming pregnant x

It would be really unlucky to get pregnant whilst on your period, but it does happen sometimes when ladies have very short cycles (eg 3 week cycles). You can wait to see if your next period turns up before having to see the doctor, but I agree with Carnat - if you don't want to be pregnant see doc anyway to talk about contraception.

The earliest you can do a pregnancy test is 2 weeks after the episode of unprotected sex, but you may be too early to get a positive.

Its common to get pregnancy symptoms in the last 2 weeks of your cycle because the hormone involved is exactly the same - progesterone!! Its not until you miss a period that anything new or different is happening (and this is why you have to wait to get a positive pregnancy test).

Last edited:
If you are really stressing about it you can "convince" yourself you are pregnant and get fake symptoms. Thickening of the waist and abdomen doesn't normally happen til a lot later, I was still in my levi's at 12 weeks gone.

See your gp and get tested.....and get some contraceptive advice too if you aren't. Good luck xxxxxx

Definitely agree with the other girls. Its highly unlikely that u r pregnant, but discuss contraception with ur doctor! And also, read up a bit on conception and what it takes, I know its scary for u but I was more clued in about it all when I was 16, and I wasn't even sexually active yet at that age.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

highly unlikely if you are pregnant if you dtd during your period. your still young ur body is still gettin used to the changes etc you can get fake symptoms if you convince urself that you are pregnant.
go and make an appointment with ur gp and see what they say and get some advice on what you want and you will do if you are or if you aren't

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back