Please Help.!! Am I Pregnant.??

Danii 25

Reaction score
Hi all.

Me and my partner went away on the 16th till the 19th of march.
I was due on my period on the 15th of march but i took Norethisteronen to delay it..

We only had sex on the 16th and it was protected with a condom and the condom did not break or split.

I stopped taking them on the 18th of march and when i got home on the 19th, in the afternoon i thought i started my period, so i started to take the pill as i was going back on the pill when i started my period..

But i only bled for the rest of that day, by tuesday there was no blood.
But ive carried on taking the pill.

Im very very confused to what has happened.
I should have bled for 5 days which is a normal period for me but i only bled for a few hours..

Could i be pregnant or would the pill have stopped my period early.?

Please help.!!

I'm dont know anything about Norethisteronen, but based your dates alone I doubt it. Ovulation usually occurs 14 days before your period arrives so if you were due on the 15th and had protected sex the day after it was due I would have thought you were well outside your fertile days.

I think af probably hasnt properly arrived due to you taking the Norethisteronen, you might get some break through bleeding this month but you might not actually get any more until your next break week.

If you've had no bleeding in two weeks I might be tempted to POAS.

Perhaps someone with some more knowledge of Norethisteronen can come along soon and give you some better advice than me.

Hope you get the answer you want in all of this
xx

hey hun i agree with ^^^

Norethisteronen will have mesed up your usual cycle i imagine, and you had sex outside of your likely fertile window.

If you are in doubt just test? job done

I would agree with others and say it's more likely what you took to delay period has intereferred with your cycle!

xxxxxx

Last edited:
When do you think i should test..

I also had sex on the 3rd of march, which was protected again with a condom

When do you think i should test..

I also had sex on the 3rd of march, which was protected again with a condom

Test day your next period is due or a day or two later!

Last edited:
When would that be as im back on the pill now..
Ive got another 2 weeks from yesterday till i finish the pack.

When would that be as im back on the pill now..
Ive got another 2 weeks from yesterday till i finish the pack.

I would assume you'd expect a breakthroigh bleed when you finish your pack so maybe test in 3 weeks time if you don't have a bleed?

Best of luck

Last edited:
So if i bleed in 2 weeks then don't do a test. But if i don't bleed then do a test.

So if i bleed in 2 weeks then don't do a test. But if i don't bleed then do a test.

Yep...

Although the pill causes an artifical bleed so maybe to put your mind at rest 100% test anyway in aprox 3 weeks time!

Hello there. I don't know if this will help any, but I take norethisterone when I'm away on holiday if my period is due, probably taken them 3/4 times. I'm not on any hormonal birth control though, but when I usually finish the tablets I tend to get quite a heavy period 3 days or so after I finish taking it. It doesn't seem to last as long as my usual af, but its usually a heavy one. Just wanted to share my experience, hope you get the answer you want xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back