if you need some advise?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
hey everyone.. i jsut thought i would come say hi and give some of you a little advise..

my husband and i got married in march and started trying 2 weeks after the wedding (when we got back from honeymoon) we had a m/c that month and i decided to do opk the next month which in my opinion were total waste of money.

i have 28 day cycle we BD'd cycle day 11 (just coz we wanted to be rude and tmi we didnt do the lay on ur back wait for spermys to swim up etc. coz i should O in cd 14 we just had hot sex without trying in mind :) lol..)
we also BD'd cd 16,18,21,23, and had a faint + test on cd 24 4 days before AF was due..at our 12 week scan i should have been 11+5, but i was exactly 12 weeks.. which showed i ovulated at cd 12, not 14 and those spermys from our red hot session on cd 11 caught the egg.. and all our ttc sex wasnt needed..

i just thought i would share my story with you.. coz i know a lot of women just bd for a 2-5 day slot around ovulation and you could be missing you window, as opks didnt pick up that i had od at all.. and obviously i did

wishing you luck with concieving..

my advise would be have loads of sex, from cycle day 12 till ur period shows, at 2 day intervals..let me know if it wokrs for you.. xx someone set up a ttc experiment lol...

I think I actually ovulate earlier than that!
When I was TTC with Brody I think we always waited too long, and missed my OV day. the one month we did it really early I got pregnant, must have been about CD 9 or 10!
Anyone TTC I would say to try this, i never got EWCM or anything, I was looking for signs that weren't there!

I also think this is what may have got me pregnant this time, I thought I was safe cos we did it really early in the month, thinking back to how we conceived Brody it kind of makes sense now :oops:

I wouldn't use OPK's again purely because they just don't agree with me. I was on the Depo injection and started TTC when it wore off, I was warned I might not start ovulating straight away..This was coming from somebody who had been TTC for 18 months since her injection wore off and she still wasn't ovulating. So after a few months I started using them every day to see if ovulation was taking place and I NEVER had a positive. But I still fell pregnant. They don't work for everyone.

Actually - I tell a lie - I have had a positive OPK after I found out I was pregnant and needed to POAS (I had no HPTs left lol)

Maybe some of us just have stronger wee :lol:

:D

Good to know, I have recently come off the pill, so we are bd'ing every day or so!

I caught first month of trying - I used the OPK's from about day 9 and on day 13 I got a positive so we bd 6 times during ovulation and hey ho look what happened :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back