If you had an early scan what did you see?

PeanutButter

Reaction score
Hi, i went for scan this morning as I had severe pain in my uterus in the night.
The women said everything looks fine (she's told me this before but, I think she was just trying to make me feel better).
According to my LMP (which was a mc at 8 weeks) i would be around 6 weeks. I do ovulate later in my cycle around cd18. She said I look about 5+3/4 there was a yolk sac and a very tiny fetus starting to form, she told me the sac looks very healthy (didn't know there could be an unhealthy sac?).
I did bleed around 14dpo and she said she can see where I bled from and told me it was implantation bleeding, and I might spot again but nit to worry... :eh:
I'm pretty sure on my last scan which was around the same time baby was visible (a blob lol) but had a HB. Idk what to think.

So is this normal? What did you see on yours around this many weeks? X

View attachment 67617

Don't know if you can see the fetus... x

Last edited:
Congrats and good luck Peanut. Mine was about a week later than yours going by LMP and I could see heartbeat and just about the shape of the fetus but if you ov'd later then it makes sense that you wouldn't see that much. Hopefully someone else can be more help! X

It's normal to not see a heartbeat before 6 weeks which is why lots of places won't scan until you're 6 weeks. I wouldn't worry at the moment. Are you going to have another scan in a week or so?

Yeah have one booked for the 11th. Hate the waiting game! Aha. X

Hi Peanut, I had a scan at 7+3 and we didn't see much more than your picture. We did see a heartbeat but I was measuring 5 days behind. They weren't concerned about it being small and signed me off until a scan at 12 weeks. I was pretty sure it wasn't going to work out, my dates were correct as we had treatment so I couldn't be behind, and my tests were faint ish compared to everyone else and my digis weren't going up. However by our next scan they were measuring a day ahead of my original dates.

I'm not sure you can compare with previous times, mine have all been so different and this one was by far the faintest test lines out of the lot so I think comparing just gives us something else to worry about.

I know how hard it is but try not to stress, what will be will be and there is nothing you can do. I hate that feeling of helplessness. I've got everything crossed for you, it is time you got a break!

I know it's hard to be positive after going through so much PB but listen to them when they tell you everything is good and healthy! Your so positive and helpful to everyone else, be kinder on yourself lovely. All fingers and toes crossed for you xx

I had a scan at 9 weeks (measured 8+4) and all I saw was a bigger blob than yours haha. Got myself all ready to see a baby but didn't see much at all! Saw the heartbeat too! Was so so shocked to see how much had changed by my 12wk scan! Fingers crossed this is your rainbow PeanutButter! X

Last edited:
Congratulation's. It sounds like she was happy and you have nothing to worry about. X

A yolk sac is fab, and I can see a teeny tiny baby blobby forming! I so hope this is your sticky bean, looking forward to seeing your scan on the 11th

Last edited:
Thanks for the reassurance ladies. The second scan is usually bad news :( either baby has not grown (which I now know is obviously mc for me) but still has hb so have to wait for mc. Or the HB has stopped. I'll be about 7ish weeks. I've got my hopes up again! I know i shouldn't until after week 8, hubby keeps telling me to expect the worst (he doesn't understand why I'm so worried all the time) and gets annoyed when I start panicking, I get why he's trying to keep himself from getting excited, the last one really hurt him, he thought it was going to happen. Life's been a bitch to us, so hopefully 2017 is better! Xx

Hey,

Just wanted to show you a picture I got of my first reassurance scan I was just a little further than you, however when I was around the same amount of weeks there was just a gest sac, nothing else to see.. this picture the baby measured 6+6, and you'll see that really there isn't much to see at all, there was a heartbeat too.
I think your scan is completely normal! I know it's difficult to look on the brighter side sometimes, especially if you've had harder times. But try staying positive (I'm not great at taking my own advice either!) However I'm now 16+1 and have an early gender scan tomorrow so.hoping again all is ok!
Wishing you all the best & congratulations! :)

Attachments

• 20161101_113753-min.jpg
    20161101_113753-min.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 26
Aw I missed this news! Amazing sweetie congratulations.

Was this abdominal or internal? I had an abdominal once at 6w and seen nothing then an internal and seen yolk sac and teeeeny wee blob. With the other scans I was later on like 8w so seen more.

xxxx

Hi PB I had a scan the other week and mine was dated at 5 weeks 5 days and it looked exactly like yours 🙂 I had to have an internal scan because they could pick anything up with the external one. I've just got to wait till the 10th now for my next scan when I will be 8 weeks 4 days or so 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_5874.jpg
    IMG_5874.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 24
Yeah, mine was internal, saw nothing from abdo one.
Hope your scan goes well next week! Xx

I had my first scan on this baby at 5 weeks from my dating now I would have been 5+5 so just a bit before/after you (the lady miscalculated how far along I would be)
I only just saw the yolk sac. They couldn't see the fetal pole and as for the sac. My sonographer went over everything in immense detail as he was the recurrent miscarriage so no expert. So from what he told me... your sax does look very healthy it's a perfect shape so no signs of collopsing it also has the textbook 2nd white wall going round it. So it's looking spot on perfect for the dates. I too lost most of mine at 7 weeks so now the terror that your feeling. But you will have your take home baby and every baby at one stsge ua 5-8 weeks gestation so one day one scan will be different to all the others you've experienced. I hope this is the one x it's all looking good so far oh and at 7 weeks with this one I was rushed to a &e in an ambulance with severe abdominal pain I thought something had burst (ectopic) and the pain was so intense I thought I would die! But all was fine!

Last edited:
I have no idea why I clicked on this thread given I have never had a scan before but I am so pleased I did!! I had no idea about such wonderful news PB, I understand your reservations though but I have everything crossed for you both- finger,s toes and legs. I am beside myself reading such news, so thrilled for you xx

I had my first scan on this baby at 5 weeks from my dating now I would have been 5+5 so just a bit before/after you (the lady miscalculated how far along I would be)
I only just saw the yolk sac. They couldn't see the fetal pole and as for the sac. My sonographer went over everything in immense detail as he was the recurrent miscarriage so no expert. So from what he told me... your sax does look very healthy it's a perfect shape so no signs of collopsing it also has the textbook 2nd white wall going round it. So it's looking spot on perfect for the dates. I too lost most of mine at 7 weeks so now the terror that your feeling. But you will have your take home baby and every baby at one stsge ua 5-8 weeks gestation so one day one scan will be different to all the others you've experienced. I hope this is the one x it's all looking good so far oh and at 7 weeks with this one I was rushed to a &e in an ambulance with severe abdominal pain I thought something had burst (ectopic) and the pain was so intense I thought I would die! But all was fine!

I was looking at my scan pic from last time, the white ring only went round of half of the sac... what is that?sorry ive tried googling heatly sacs but got nothing.

The CRL was 1.6mm, it says online it should be 1.26mm at 5 weeks. So would that be right if i was 5+3/4? X

Just to chime in with the same really, my scan was exactly the same as yours and even same measurements.

I went to EPU at 5 weeks 5 days and saw the yolk no heart beat, back at 6 weeks 5 days and there was instantly a fetal pole and a little heartbeat.

I also had a white ring around it but it was thinner at the top, it might all be too small to see things right now so try not to worry ( at 5 weeks mine was near impossible to see so had an internal scan).

Are they going to scan you next week to see if there is a heartbeat? I am crossing my fingers for you hun x

I found my pic from 5 weeks 5 days -

m9xb4p.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is private as yet again the epu doesn't want to see me until I'm 8 weeks :/ Even though I'm supposed to be having scans at 6. Anyways, I'm going for another scan on the 11th to see if it's viable (they usually stop flowing at 6 weeks, but HB carries on till 7) so my scan will be around 7ish weeks she said, hoping this is the one! Lol.

This is my scan from my last pregnancy and from this one.. (right side is now) theye are both same pics, but there's a lot of difference. Xx

View attachment 67679

Mine is private as yet again the epu doesn't want to see me until I'm 8 weeks :/ Even though I'm supposed to be having scans at 6. Anyways, I'm going for another scan on the 11th to see if it's viable (they usually stop flowing at 6 weeks, but HB carries on till 7) so my scan will be around 7ish weeks she said, hoping this is the one! Lol.

This is my scan from my last pregnancy and from this one.. (right side is now) theye are both same pics, but there's a lot of difference. Xx

View attachment 67679

Really ? That's terrible, they only will see us if you are 6 weeks plus ( which I can understand as there was not a lot there in my 5 week scan) but 8 weeks is silly. I went to A and E because i was in agony (going to loo too) so the Drs there refered me to EPU days later but it was after my miscarriage so I didnt know how many weeks I was. Have you tried your Gp? Gp will refer you if they wont accept self referral.

See look, thats such a big difference and a much better scan picture this time. It is so clear you can see the sack and the yolk. 5 weeks is a hard one, as baby is so tiny so i feel your frustration, we were so afraid to get attached but you have a lovely clear scan. Im crossing fingers for you xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back