Early scan this morning update

sophs85

Reaction score
I had my early scan after the midwive's advised me to as I had some "worring symptoms" and I was put back another week! so I am 5+2 and not 6 as I was told by my doctor and the midwife this morning. they did the scan and could only see the sac because I still too early so I now have to go back on the 14th :( apart from that she said everything was normal looking for a 5 week pregnancy but obviously she can't see anything yet . this is so frustrated to be told a different date again. it's 6 weeks 2 days since the first day of my last period but the sonographer said no your 5 weeks . FRUSTRATION!! x

By the way the way the first day of my last period was 17th March 28 day cycle! just for anyone who was also told they are 6 weeks with that date x

aww bless ya i guess ur baba implanted late in ur cycle this is y the change in dates, it is very frustrating xxx

most ppl get put bk on there 12 weeks scan cos they havnt had an early scan this happens a lot xx

sophs was it just a normal ultrasound you had or was it an internal xx

I had a normal one but they couldn't see a thing so then I had the internal one. Make sure your bladders full because they try that first x

I got put back a few days at my 12 week scan x

Don't worry its not uncomfortable, it looks scary but hardly even goes in! Lol x

I was put back a week at my 12 week scan (which i was only 11 weeks 2 days actually), i was so upset as i was looking forward to seeing a proper little baby... but he still pretty much looked like a bean as they put me to 10 weeks!

They put me back a week at my early scan (we thought I was 9+1, lady said I was only 8+1), something there is impossible because I know when I ovulated (CBFM). I spoke to midwife about it and she said that the 12 week scan was the most accurate scan for dating so we are holding out for that before we change our dates properly.

It is really confusing especially when you know your dates, I even have all mine on my CBFM so I know there is no mistake, it's telling me I'm on CD 77, which makes me 11 weeks.

So I share your frustration! On the plus side it's good news that everything is normal x

I think one of the issues is that fertilisation and implantation will affect development and may occur over a window of a few days, regardless of when you ovulated. I think the dates are misleading or are changed because of this completely individual discrepancy, thats my guess anyway!

We were told implantation doesn't affect the due date as the baby starts growing from conception, and not implantation.

We also didn't DTD past CD17 as hubby was unwell, I ovulated on CD16 and to be a whole week back I couldn't have ovulated till CD21. So unless my egg and hubbies swimmers were all just hanging out in there for 4-5 days before anything happened, it's just not possible! Especially when eggs aren't meant to last longer than 48 hours post ovulation unless fertilized and sperm not more than 3 days. I also got 2-3 weeks on a CBD when I tested at 4 days late, if I ovulated 5 days later then I would have been one day early and would have got 1-2 weeks surely?

I was expecting to be put back 2-4 days, but 7 just isn't technically possible. Will be interesting to see what the 12 week scan says!

I wouldn't have minded but the lady doing the scan said ' well your too early for me to tell you if the baby is in there or if it isn't. So we'll see if its grown in 2 weeks' thanks lady for easing my mind! NOT!

Sorry it wasn't a fruitful as you would have hoped BUT the fact is if you are only 5w then they are correct and you wouldn't be able to see anything yet.

I think the positive thing is they are saying all looks good for the stage you are at.. which is good hun!

I was actually measuring forward by a few days at all 3 of my scans... The actual 12 week scan put me forward by 3 days!!

xxxxxxxxxx

No I know that you can see anthing yet. It's just because originally I thought I was nearly 7 weeks so its that horrible waiting game to see if it progresses Xx

Same boat here I went for an early scan and thought I was 7+0 but all they saw was the gestation sac, took bloods and they were 18000 hcg, they did not date me at all as far as I know, gotta go back tommorow to say Im fretting is an understatement.... xx
Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back