If you could pick.......

Maybe_mummy

Reaction score
Im so early days I know but Im already freaking out about labiur and waking up in the night thinking about it. Im not good with needles and drips and blood etc. But based on your experiences etc which would you rather a natural birth or a c Section???

With the natural labour i think well yes its the pain but then i worry about the stiches etc after, are they really bad?

Or a C-Section where the recovery process seems longer and harder?

Any thoughts?

I've had both and I'd rather have a natural birth any day!! No question. x

I'm scared out of my wits of the pain, but I'll still have a natural birth, if possible.

Do not underestimate a c-section :oooo:

My friend has had to have one for each of her children and she is very defensive if anyone implies she had it easy getting out of labour.

She literally couldn't lift her baby for 6 weeks. It messed up her ability to casually breastfeed and she felt very undermined as a mother having to rely on other people to move the baby around the home and change nappies and things.

Plus she was trapped in her home because she couldn't drive.

Major surgery... That I'm awake through... NO THANKS!! Natural birth all the way xx

A c section is awful.

You cant lift your baby for 24 hours so if they cry you have to call the buzzer to get someone to lift them. You cant drive for 6 weeks. The recovery process is months, not days or weeks. Its major abdominal surgery.

A natural labour may come with its own complications, but your body will deal with it better and youll more than likely be more relaxed with it.

Its something your body was made to do and youll find that once your in labour youll feel completly different about it than you do now. Youll be going through it to get your LO and itll be so worth it.

Natural birth all the way I want to feel my baby come into the world :) xx

And a section absolutely buggers your stomach muscles and (in my case) leaves an ugly scar x

Natural birth all the way

Even though when I was in labour I remember screaming for a c-section, I was prepped for one at one point, but thank god she came out herself.

Its defo no easy option going for a c-section.

:)

Definitely a natural birth again if possible!! Do not envy anyone the recovery time and pain associated with recovrey from a c-section. Definitely don't think it's an easy option at all.

but at the end of the day, baby has to come out one way or the other, and we may not get a choice about his/her exit strategy :)

my mum had a c section with me cos i was in distress and i can definately say id rather have natural and let them stick me with all the needles in the world than have to go thru that.

Im PETRIFIED of having a c section! when baby was in distress during labour i crapped myself at the thought of being cut open while AWAKE and have them pull my baby out by the scruff of the neck... no way would i opt for that!

Im also very scared of the thought of a C section, but it seems to be more and more people are having them. Im worried about the surgery and the aftermath.

I would rather a natural birth yes its going to be incrediably painfull im sure but at least you feel more of less normal the days after ??!! I hope anyway LOL

I dunno...I had a positive experience of a previous c-section but I'm opting and hoping for vaginal delivery this time around...I just like the idea of possibly being in and out of hospital within 24 hrs and I don't fancy having to be cut through my existing scar again!

I am absolutely CRAPPING giving birth vaginally as I'm thinking the pain is going to be excruciating and sometimes I wonder if a c-section would have been a better option again this time around, but then again two ladies I know personally have had multiple c-sections and they've found it harder each time with the recovery process.

The first time around I never drove (only passed my driving test last month), I was only 19 and just got on with it and didn't know any better. Can't say it was an easier option having a c-section as until I give birth this time, I've nothing to compare it to, but at the time I was naive and didn't think of it as major abdominal surgery. Well thanks to the internet, as well as vaginal birth scaring me, a c-section does too now :lol:

Even though I'm crapping it all, I'm just going with the flo and what happens will happen. x

Exactly.. what will be will be..
And there are epidurals for vaginal birth! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back