Sex after birth?

pigletpoo

Reaction score
Hi,
I was thinking about this, in fact, I think about it a lot. How long after birth do you feel able to get intimate with your partner again? I know this must be different for everyone, but I was just wanted a rough idea. I am hoping for a c section, but thoughts on natural and c section births and healing process would be greatly appreciated.

I know I may sound a bit odd worrying about this already, but it just plays on my mind.
Thanks
Piglet xx

When it doesnt sting when you wee anymore :lol:

Seriously its like how long is a piece of string, when you feel comfortable enough, depends on if youve had any tears, what grade they are etc etc

I felt physically ok after about 3 weeks but wasnt ready mentally for a couple of weeks after that

I had a natural birth and was advised that sex was ok once you had stopped bleeding :?
My MW said that you bleed coz the placenta comes away & its like an open wound so when the bleeding stops the wound has healed & your less likely to get infection
So coz of that it depends on person
Im sure you can think of other ways to enjoy yourselves until then :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had a natural birth with no tears (THANK GOD!!) and I stopped bleeding at 3wks, but I waited until I had my 6wks check up before we had "propper sex" before that it was just fun playing!! :wink:

Thanks for the replys... :hug:

I guess I also want to know if it feels the same afterwards? Do you change forever and become damaged for life if you have a natural birth? I know I must sound like a right bimbo, but I really am worried.

Piglet xx

Damaged???? Erm no :D
Yes you change in the same way that your boobs will change forever, your stomach will change forever and so will your priorities.

Keep doing your pelvic floor exercises and I found no differences after birth than before...except a lot more confidence in my body cos now I knew what it could do.

The medical advice is wait until your 6 week check up before having sex generally....got to say I was happy to wait that long, tired, sore, emotional, I wanted cuddles more than anything else.

I've had 2 naturals and its better than ever :wink:

Just keep working those pelvic floor muscles :D

pigletpoo said:
Hi,
I was thinking about this, in fact, I think about it a lot. How long after birth do you feel able to get intimate with your partner again? I know this must be different for everyone, but I was just wanted a rough idea. I am hoping for a c section, but thoughts on natural and c section births and healing process would be greatly appreciated.

I know I may sound a bit odd worrying about this already, but it just plays on my mind.
Thanks
Piglet xx

Well it's only been twice in the last 6 months :oops:
My sex drive has completely disappeared but everyone is different

Me and OH didn't have sex for 3 months as I was sore for about half of that time and then we were just too tired most of the time to be bothered with it. I think it is different for everyone though and you might feel like it after weeks or it could be months. By the way sex still feels the same as before.

Whenever you feel comfortable - you know your own body

We did it the night I came out of hospital so 3 days after I had him

I was an episiotomy that tore and ended up with 3rd degree tear.

We had sex 4 months after DD was born....I was healed before then but we were so bloody tired!

Hi

I havent had my buba yet but i just wanted to say dont feel stupid about the questions you asked coz i was thinking the same lol :D and now i know

Nikki x x x

p.s you never know if you never ask!!!

pigletpoo said:
Thanks for the replys... :hug:

I guess I also want to know if it feels the same afterwards? Do you change forever and become damaged for life if you have a natural birth? I know I must sound like a right bimbo, but I really am worried.

Piglet xx

Don't worry about it too much hun, like the others said you'll know when the time's right & it really does depend on the birth.

In my case we didn't try for weeks, I bled for 6 weeks, had a gap for 2 then had my period!! when we did try it hurt so much it put me right off & it was weeks before we tried again & it still hurt.
As for my bits they have changed alot as I tore very badly (I was in theatre for an hour being stitched up after :shock: but he was a big boy, so don't worry!!) and it feels different down there even now!

You are not a bimbo hunny, its good to find out these things & thats what we're here for, so if you got anymore questions, just ask :hug:

Hi

I had a section so i geuss its alot different but we continued i believe just about 2 weeks after and just didnt stop :lol: but like i said my bits didnt hurt just my tummy so he just had to do all the work :wink: (sorry TMI)
Katrina

MomNat said:
Whenever you feel comfortable - you know your own body

We did it the night I came out of hospital so 3 days after I had him

But you had a c-section. My god that must have been VERY painfull for you :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back