If bleeding do you think its best to rest???

-lisa-

Reaction score
Hi, to cut a long story short, had a heavy bleed yesterday morning, went to get checked out, am booked for a scan Tue morn. They do say that if you r miscarrying, theres nothing you can do to stop it, I know, so if I sit about 'resting' all weekend is it really going to help????.........The thing is, Ive just got an allotment and we'd planned to clear/prepare it this weekend while my hubbys got some spare time. I wasnt planning on doing any digging etc. Just thought I'd weed/try and repair the greenhouse/start some seeds off etc. with the kids. Plus it might take my mind off the 'waiting for Tuesday'....Any suggestions???...Does anyone think It would actually make matters worse? Its only gardening isnt it?.......The doc didnt say anything about taking it easy........just if it got heavy or painful to go back.......would be greatful of any views. Thanks

I would probably just wait and rest. Like you say, if its happening there is nothing you can do but have a wee rest.

Im sorry you are bleeding and I hope its nothing to worry about :hug: :hug:

To be honest I would give the weeding a miss and totally rest up until Tue, but that is my opinion.

What I would do though is phone up NHS Direct and speak to someone regarding rest etc.

Hope you are ok :hug:

i would take it easy hun, you prob cant do anything about at misscarrage but you could make the bleeding worse if it isnt. i had bleeding with my daughter and it was worse if i was moving about and stopped when i rested hope everything is ok tuesday :hug:

Oh welll, i'll take your advice and just take a chair, flask and mag then......and just supervise and shout orders :twisted: ...........it has lightened significantly today, so havent totally given up, you never know. Just my luck for it to happen bank hol weekend......to test my non-existent patience!.....roll on Tue!.............thanks for replys x

I would think rest would be the best thing too but if you get tempted to fiddle, (i know what it's like i love gardening too) don't forget the gloves. Especially if there are cats around. You know how dangerous their little deposits can be to pregnant women.

Hope everything goes well for you on Tuesday.

I wont.............thanks............you too........will let u know how I get on :)

When I had bleeding in first tri my doctor was lovely but pretty much said as you did, that if its going to happen it'll happen and resting or being normally active at this point itsn't going to make any difference to the outcome, it would be as it would be. Moving about is not why I would have lost the baby. For whatever reason my body would have been rejecting baby.

He did say if I had heavy bleeding or cramping to call and they would see me or get me in for an EPU scan the next day if possible. But other than that he told me to carry on as normal. So I did. I didn't overdo things but I did go walking, pottered doing housework and IIRC went to work also the next day. I'd have gone nuts sitting with my feet up and thinking about it so I was glad to do something and get on with things.

Heck I then went to Belfast for a long weekend and a Take That concert 4 days after this bleed. My Docs advice was take it easy, enjoy myself and rest when I needed to while there. So did just that. It was fab and I had a great weekend and it was a lovely distraction. I did get tired but that was more the usual first tri tiredness than anything else.

I think you have to decide what you feel comfortable doing. If you are not in any pain and have no heavy bleeding or cramping I'd get out and about a bit and do some light gardening if you want. If your bleeding stopped and you've not had anything much since then of course keep an eye on things and if you've any concerns contact your MW/GP or hospital. I'd personally not sit and rest till Tuesday. I'd be looking to do something over the weekend at least. But it really is your choice as to what you feel you want to do.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back