Bleeding but trying not to panic

flowergirl

Reaction score
I started to bleed last night and just want a little reassurance. It wasn't a heavy bleed and it was a browny/red colour. I've continued to have brown discharge today. I am keeping it all together at the moment as it has become lighter and is not bright red and I have had no pains at all. I was just wondering whether anyone else has experienced anything like this and what dod your Dr or midwife advise? As far as I'm aware, there is nothing to do except monitor it and if I get heavier bleeding/cramps etc go to Drs or hospital.

Reassurance would be appreciated that I'm not being too laid back about the whole thing?

xxx

Thanks Midna

I see my midwife next Sunday and my scan is the Wednesday following, so feel ok. If i had to wait longer for either, I think I would have gone to see my gp. It is reassuring to know that I'm not the only one this has happened to.

xxx

My midwife told me it is very common to have a slight browny bleed at 4 and 8 weeks (the first two missed periods) as your body is adjusting to not having a monthly cycle..cleaning out old blood. I had one at 4 weeks and now feel ok if i have one this week! Donic panic unless it is very red, accompanied by sharp pains.
As Midna said, if u are worried, talk to mw, thats what they're there for! :hug: :hug:

Thanks to all who replied- I feel much better. Bleeding *seems* to have stopped now so I'm hoping all is well

:hug: to all xxx

Just wanted to give you a hug :hug: and let you know I had a bleed when I was 8 weeks and I have a healthy baby boy now :hug: try not to worry hun, I know it's easier said than done though xXx

Hiya i had a bleed at 7 1/2 weeks and went to my gp who sent me for a scan everything was ok, if you still have your pg symptoms it's a good sign aqccording to my gp

Good luck :hug:

Heather

I am glad you made this thread, because I am just going into my eighth week and now know what to expect myself. :)

I am sure everything is fine, from what others have said. :hug: Glad you kept your cool, and stayed relaxed! :cheer:

Just wanted to give you a big hug Flower girl...

I bled with my little girl at 6 weeks and it was red and heavy and lasted 2 weeks. The doctors told me I had miscarried... She just celebrated her 8th birthday.

With the one I'm carrying now... I had reddish/brown discarge on and off at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks and 15 weeks... roughly there abouts... I just bled alot.. :shock: But I'm still pregnant... and as long as you don't have too much pain it should be ok....

Take it easy, relax, don't stand on your feet for more than 10 mins at a time, no sex, no pleasuring yourself, no lifting boxes, no housework... basically if it is anything that involves other than sitting on your bum doing nowt... then its a no no...

Good luck hun... stay positive because thats half the battle. :hug: :hug:

it is very common and without any pain it is not normally anything to worry about,keep ur chin up and think positive!xx

i also had bleeding at 9 weeks and 10 to 12 weeks.. I contacted my gp straight away and i got an early scan booked in - also if your rhesus negative you may need anti d so def worth calling them although i'm sure you have nothing to worry about :hug: :hug:

Everyone has shared some really positive things, I hope everything turns out ok, it certainly looks like you don't have too much to worry about at the moment :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: As the others have said it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

I had bleeding at 6 (brown), 8 (brown), 9 (red) and 11( very red) weeks. Every time it was very worrying and I thought the worst, but it was always fine. I had a scan every time and saw the baby's heartbeat all the time.

I honestly do think it is very, very common in the first trimester after reading about it so many times on this forum and also experiencing it personally. It's horrible because your mind tells you something awful is happening, but it's rarely the case. So long as you don't have lots of pain and you don't soak through a pad within an hour or so... you're likely to be okey dokey! And.... if you are at all worried, call your Doctor, midwife or go to A & E. Most of the time though, it's fine!! :D

Read my Blog if you wish to if you want to see what happened with me.. http://mummy2be.wordpress.com/ (start from page 2 and read from the bottom upwards) :)

Thanks everyone, I'm totally overwhelmed by the responses :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am proud of myself for staying so calm as I am a known worrier, I just figured that there was nothing I could have done differently to avoid it and that nature was in charge so why worry- it achieves nothing but stress which can only make things worse!

I have stopped bleeding and had no pain so I guess it was eiter my husband's attentions two days earlier, alll that dancing at the wedding or just hormones!

I'll post again after my scan to confirm all is ok... only 1 week to wait :dance:

Thanks again everyone, a calm and relaxed Flower Girl

xxx

It is great the bleeding has stopped!!! :cheer:
I hope you are taking it easier now and looking after yourself :hug:
good luck for your scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members