IF (and only IF) I don't get pregnant this month, I will...

ScotchEgg

Reaction score
I made the disappointment easier to bear last month by making myself a promise. If I didn't get a BFP, I'd get a pair of trousers I really wanted (wearing them today, they're totally unsuitable for a bump and they're GORGEOUS)

I'm trying to work out what my treat can be this month. I'm thinking a trip to a haberdashery (LOVE making stuff) or something like that so I can enjoy the bank holidays over christmas in the best possible way.

Does anyone do this or fancy making themselves a promise? You have to stick to it though - if you get that magical BFP you can't have/do whatever it is...

I promise to drink that bottle of rosé in my fridge, all to myself and in record time. :) x x

Love the fact your trousers are unsuitable for a bump! Such a good idea!! Also interested in your crafty side - I've one of them and love haberdasheries!

Hmmm mine would be a meal in the restaurant we celebrated our engagement in. With 2 rounds of mojitos lol!!
X

If I dont get a BFP this month I'm going to buy a bottle of Hine Antique Cognac for Christmas.

At £108 it would be a serious luxury, but the pleasure.............. Mmmmmmmmm

Most defo starfish, tis Christmas period after all :)
We all deserve treats to ourselves :)
xxx

Good excuse to indulge, binge and generally splurge :)

There will be so much we will miss out on when pregnant

Exactly & although some of us may get BFNs, which will be gutting but least gives us the excuse to enjoy the festivities whilst we can :)
Keep telling myself the positive thoughts will keep me chin up
xxx

I have a lot to look forward to actually but I'd rather be preggers-

Next week a good friend is back from Australia so I get to have a few drinks with her.
Girlies Xmas do on the 16th.
Hubby Djing on the 18th.
Xmas eve night out with all our family and friends
Xmas day of course!
Hubby Djing Boxing Day.
New years eve, dinner at my favorite restaurant with all our friends and party back at ours!
And only if i'm not preggers, as I can't fly sober! a Babymoon ( like a Honeymoon!) to Barbados in Jan!

Would gladly trade all that in for a bump though!!

xx

Right. I'm giving myself a little bit longer (mainly so I can get my pennies together) but if I don't get my :bfp: by January I'm going to buy the camera I really want to buy. Even if it means eating into my overdraft a little bit.

Right. I'm giving myself a little bit longer (mainly so I can get my pennies together) but if I don't get my :bfp: by January I'm going to buy the camera I really want to buy. Even if it means eating into my overdraft a little bit.

good plan - OH wants a new camera, but I think he's planning on getting that with or without BFP...

I think the haberdashery one is something I can't stick to as I'll probably do it anyway.

IF I don't get my BFP I'm going to treat myself to a new dress for NYE. If I do get it I'll reuse one I already have...

I think it's easier to come up with long term ones than short term ones.

I've been dropping hints that I need a new camera, as much as I love my little point and shoot, I really want a digital SLR. No one seems to have stepped up to buy one for my Christmas though, I'd like to have a good photo camera for taking baby pictures with ;)

If I don't get pregnant by June 2011 I'm going to bully OH into letting me cash in our premium bonds so that we can have a really good holiday together next summer. :D

It's hard thinking of things I can buy myself at the beginning of December if the witch shows up because we have a family ban on buying things for yourself in the run up to Christmas. Might treat myself to a Regina Spektor CD, that's not on my Christmas list. ;)

yeah, we have a DSLR we got as a wedding present, OH has got really into it and wants to upgrade. To be fair to him, he's been saving for 8 months now and is planning to buy it in another 4 months. He made a little plan and everything. Quite sweet really.

Longer term, we're holding off booking some holidays until last minute to see if we can go or not. Although we normally leave it all till the last minute anyway! Went to the states last year and the night before we started booking hotels etc as all we'd got was the flights!!!

if i dont get my bfp in time for christmas im going to get very drunk and make a fool of myself having a dance in rediculously high heels and a stupidly short dress.........also wouldnt look good with a bump!!!

& along with my G&T's, will treat OH to dinner as been a nightmare this week
xxx

In the long term me and the OH want to go back to asia next year for a holiday and in the short term going to get very drunk and eat lots of rubbish over the festive period!!

I'm promise to sign up for the gym!

I know it sounds crap, but i really need to and ultimately it will make me feel fab :)

I've been using my "impending BFP" as an excuse to get fat and not do anything about it :oooo:

Baileys for christmas..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................... and if not pg by Feb half term we are going to Paris (though could prob still go even if we are pg!) and then planning a trip to the states, probs New York and places around there for next summer hols! :D Deffo couldn't do that with a bump....like everyone says I'd trade it all. But on the plus side it makes me feel more positive about it taking a long time xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back