If this isn't my month

libs

Reaction score
I've decided to have a month of acting normally. Obviously I'll still go to my donation, but since we started this early on in the year, it feels like my life has been on hold.

After stopping smoking, and trying to cut down on my almost daily exercise habit, I'd already gained weight, now with not eating low fat dairy products (thanks for that one research guys :wall: ) I've put on even more. I'm not huge, but certainly gone up enough to need new summer clothes and feel uncomfortable. I worked so hard a few years back to get my weight down, and although I wanted to put a little back on (It doesn't suit me to be too thin) now it's getting on my nerves.

If this is my month then make me the size of a house - I don't care :D
But if not - I'm going to diet a little again and get back to my exercise - tho I daren't go back to my high impact classes - I'd pass out :rotfl:

I know the feeling libs, put on weight last month but don't feel I can diet or anything. For someone as neurotic as me about my weight that's hard work :lol:

Before I got pregnant last time, I did lots of walking and a few toning exercises in front of the telly to shrink my bum :)

I was trying to get into doing proper exercise more, but now think I can only really do that much. :)

I'm around 3st overweight :? . I'm 11st 4lbs and only 4ft 11in and should be around 8st. So I've just stared eating healthier. I'm not going to 'diet' as such cause as sson as I say I'm on a diet I end up hungry all the time LOL. Losing some if this weight may help me conceive as well :pray:

Rock and a hard place isn't it? Do you lose weight and risk cutting your chances that way...or do you stay overweight and risk cutting your chances that way :wall:

I was on slimming world diet and even after I stopped "dieting" as such I still tended to follow the idea of protein or carbs as the basis for a meal rather than both. The problem was that I love carbs so my protein intake was lower than it should have been. Then on the forum we use for donors and receipents....they did a survey which showed that most women conceived after a protein rich meal.... :wall:

:hug:

Im trying to cut out rubbish and lose a little.We went shopping for some beers at the weekend because it was warm and DH bought my fav magners cider when he knew I couldnt have any...i was so angry. Its like he does it on purpose. Iv told him he has to cut down on beers and alcohol too when im pregnant and he thought it was funny :shock: He does the same with food i love. I say im going to stop having pizza and he the next day hes like 'i could right go for a pizza' grrr! Im never going to lose weight! :wall:

Jenna - do you need to - all the photos I've seen of you your weight is fine :shock:

I have to be honest - I went out and had a couple (honestly just a couple) of drinks on Sat (wouldn't have implanted) - was bored of living like I was preg all the time - at this rate I'll be having a 2 year pregnancy.

I've just realised something else though - not having had a cooker for a while may have also added to the weight gain - we never eat takeaways or convenience food - but we had to for a while. So some of the weight may disappear now I'm cooking fresh meals again :D

I think i need to loose a bit, not a lot. I think the main thing is motivating myself. some days i want to be really active and not sit down all day and some days i dont even want to get out of bed.

We have take aways once a week some times we have them every 2 weeks. :wall: I love take away pizza! My diet a few years ago was shocking, i used to have pizza every single day!! But now im cooking my own meals i like to do new things and cook healthier. :hug:

Im just sooo lazy lol.

Yeah my weight has slipped up a bit since ttc. I'm still in my size 8 jeans but they are tight around the tummy so I'm going to up the exercise. DH is not drinking much this month and not at all around when I am ovulating so his sperm will have the best possible motility, but I have decided not to temp so much this month. Definitely not taking temps after I have ovulated and no pregnancy tests. I'm going to try going with the flow (hopefully not the 'Aunt' flow and see what happens. That's not easy for a control freak. :lol:

Becs said:
Yeah my weight has slipped up a bit since ttc. I'm still in my size 8 jeans but they are tight around the tummy

:shock: Last time I was in size 8 jeans I was 8 :rotfl: My hips are size 10 even with no flesh on them - dieted to a size 12 this time and found my face looked ill - have a wide slavic face and people kept asking why I was so drawn.

Good luck Becs - control freaks unite :D

No seriously not skinny :shock:
I'm now a size 14-16 again and my thighs are wobbly wobbly wobbly and each like a seat of their own.

The bloated belly I've got in the past 2 days looks about 6 months pregnant :shock:

I swear that I'm now worse than when I hadn't exercised in years - less toned than ever.

trust me girls bein skinny is not wot its cracked up to be im a size 8 and weigh 7 stone and i absolutly hate it. my goal atm is to put on weight (its so hard for me)
a size 10 would be perfect but with a bit of fat all over would be great.

Jemz - I have 1 sister (out of 5 of us :D ) who is so skinny she hates it. She likes being slim but will sometimes lose weight for no reason and struggle to get it back on. She's pregnant now and is 28 weeks and has to pin a pair of size 8 maternity trousers up. She has a huuuuge bump though :D

We think my Mum bought the wrong baby home - but we'll keep her now :D

libs said:
Jemz - I have 1 sister (out of 5 of us :D ) who is so skinny she hates it. She likes being slim but will sometimes lose weight for no reason and struggle to get it back on. She's pregnant now and is 28 weeks and has to pin a pair of size 8 maternity trousers up. She has a huuuuge bump though :D

We think my Mum bought the wrong baby home - but we'll keep her now :D

thats wots its like for me if i skip one meal i will lose weight and its so hard to put back on, ppl think im anorexic. ive been like this since i was a child and be to so many doctors that they dont know why either, they say its fast motabalism >< ive put 2 pounds on recently i was chuffed to bits. i was small durin my pg tho hard to tell i was pg lol still fit in my clothes tho just left a button undone lol

She was told just her metabolism too - had loads of tests as a child and all they found was that her white blood cell count is through the roof - all the time. They said they would expect her to be crippled with arthritis from some of the results.

Her first child is exactly like her - tiny. And last week I looked at her maternity notes. Her daughter was just above the first percentile line all through preg/birth and up to this day. The new baby (a boy) is above the middle percentile line...told her to buy some soft cushions to sit on :rotfl:

Another friend of mine is on her 4th child and has never bought maternity clothes - and she delivers 9lb babies :shock: Don't know where she puts them. With Josh - and I didn't know I was pregnant, I had already gone up one dress size when I found out - bout 13 weeks. By 32 weeks when I had him, I was so big that maternity clothes were too small. (That was because of the condition I had - and hopefully won't get again :? )

Well I've been good so far today. Just made a multigrain sandwich with prawns & salad then going to have some pineapple. And got a bottle of Pepsi max, I know I should drink loads of water but I hate the stuff :puke: .

I like clothes from Next because they're a bit more generous the sizes aren't they? I can fit in a 14 from there but everywhere else is a 16 :(

I think it's a good idea to chill out a bit - I will do the same if it's not my month! _ Maybe if I throw myself into exercising then I will get pregnant!!

G3M - you look dead skinny in your avatar photo!

I love jeans from dorothy perkins, the big sizes have room for hips!! :D There ace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back