I really need to ask a question...

xxsammyxx

Reaction score
A few years ago I experienced, what i look back on now, may have been a miscarriage. Perhaps if i explain you can tell me your views. It started at night with pains in my stomach which gradually got worse to the point of excruciating. I was curled up on the floor crying and holding my stomach in agony. Eventually, i dont know why, i decided to go to the toilet and I released a lot of blood. An unusual amount of blood with clots and stuff. I noticed something in the toilet and fished it out (sorry if TMI) and i can only describe it as like toughish skin, it was a little stretchy and about 2 inches approx in length and maybe an inch wide. I thought maybe it was some sort of lining of my womb at the time. Within an hour the pain had subsided and i was just left a bit tender but pain free. I didnt know if or when my period was due, i never charted or even knew which week i was due AF!!! I was having unprotected sex at the time but have no idea what cycle days I was on. I tried to forget about it after that and push it to the back of my mind but i have always wondered if it was a miscarriage? I hope it wasnt but i cant find any other explanation as my periods just dont release blood in that volume and all at once. I cant remember if i bled the following days after that it was such a long time ago. What do you think girls? :(

Yes sorry - sounds to me like a miscarriage :(

:cry: it does sound like a miscarriage, :hug: :hug: :hug:

that sounds like a miscarriage and what you passed sounds like the womb lining. :hug: :hug:

Oh right.... For some reason i find it hard to accept. I keep thinking maybe there might be another explanation. I dont suppose anyone actually thinks they will have to ever experience this happening. Will this affect my chances of TTC? I had an ultrasound at the fertility clinic recently and i had told them there was a possibility i might have MC about 5 years ago but he never said anything was left or wrong whilst checking my ovaries. :?

Hi it does sound like what you experienced is a miscarriage, a miscarriage should not affect your fertility, i was told after my first miscarriage that you are more fertile after a miscarriage.....i fell pregnant again very quickly but ive had another miscarriage. :hug:

xxsammyxx, what you described is what I think I experienced in 2006. The only thing that differs is the size of the clot that came out of me. It was much smaller, but seeing I didn't know what it was I just flushed it down the toilet. If this was a m/c then I've had two instead of one :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well the clots were not big at all really (blood) but there was this piece of skin, i dont know maybe 1.5/2 inches long, not 100% sure as it was 4/5 years ago so cant remember exactly. I feel a bit sad this has happened but i know it was for the best at the time as it was with an ex boyfriend and HE was not stable let alone US! :roll:

Sorry but it was a mc....I had same and wasnt sure. Unfortunately a few yrs later it happened again, so I took it docs and he said it isnt normal and was placental tissue. Can look red or pale or bluish....if its not blood its a mc basically. Sorry if TMI but was told that if you run it under the tap you can tell diff as a blood clot will break up and placental tissue wont. Sorry bout ur loss X

Hi,I actually inspected it and it was like a bloody skin coloured and toughish like skin. I always blocked it out of my mind and never discussed it until the fertility doc asked if i had ever miscarried. I said i didnt know and described what had happened. I dont know what he wrote down and for some reason i didnt ask :( I dont know why but i dont seem to be able to believe it for some reason, although in my heart of hearts i know its most probably true. I suppose you just never think it will happen to you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back