I need to rant....

Emma58

Reaction score
Heartburn is driving me insane :evil: :evil:

No matter what i eat or drink I am getting it. I have been trying to eat bland stuff but i'm still getting it so i don't see the point in cutting other things out now.
I'm fed up of taking Gaviscon Advance as well it doesn't work for long.
I know from my scan last week as well his feet are up in my ribs which aint helping.

Gaaahhhhaahhh :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Feel better now rant over.

I really can sympathise! It is horrible! I am getting it constantly too. I have gavsicon in the car, in my bag, on my desk and by the bed. It is minging stuff and like you say, it doesn't last long at all.
Apparently if it gets unbarable the doc may prescribe omeprazole (sp). I used to take that before I got pg, but stopped taking it when I got my BFP. I think it is ok under strict supervision from the doc though. I hope your heartburn calms down :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well, all I can say is that mine eased off around 30 weeks so you might be lucky too! :D

DebbieM said:
Well, all I can say is that mine eased off around 30 weeks so you might be lucky too! :D

I hope so :pray:

I feel like I have it 24/7 at the moment.

mine wore off about 30 weeks too, ask dr for some peptac omg its sooooo good!!! but u have to have 7 spoonfulls :shock:

Although I do get lots of heartburn, it's not that severe and mostly happens when I'm hungry. My friend told me that mint or milk are very good for heartburn so I'm putting my good fortune down to the fact that mostly I drink peppermint tea or milk. Maybe these might help you :hug:
I recommend Marks and Spencer organic peppermint tea, it is lovely! Or hot milk with brown sugar and put cloves and cardomon pods in while the milk is heating (but take them out again before putting the milk in your mug).

I had this really bad when I was pg with Jamie but haven't any yet this time.

I just took a lot of rennies as I couldn't stand gaviscon. Hope you find something that works for you soon :hug:

:hug: I'm getting bad burning in my throat but not heartburn as such. Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

I have been drinking loads of milk eating mints you name it.

I was at doctors yesterday too I could have asked for something a bit more powerful if i had thought :doh:

I've been getting really bad heartburn recently, I find milk helps. I too find gaviscon only works for a bit then it comes back again

mints make it worse especially peppermint. its just cooling but it makes u get it worse in the long run

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back