I love my husband - aka - Hunter Wellies

star fish

Reaction score
We had a thread on here a couple of days ago about getting push presents and then just about presents in general and then it turned into a thread about Hunter wellies!

I told him all about the thread and how I had said I would love some Hunter wellies for xmas but had typed that I knew he would never understand spending that much money on wellington boots, and you know what he did? He only went and ordered me a pair, from the Royal Balmoral range for Christmas!!!

He said that while he does disaprove of my spending too much on 'fashion clothes' he did think it was worth investing in certain items and that a decent pair of wellingtons counted!

So high on love right now! Now where did I leave that Tiffany catalogue? ;-)

Awwww, isn't he just great!!! So happy for you :hug:

(I also got my Tissot watch as a push pressie, can't wait for it to arrive!!!!!!!!!!!)

Awwwwww who'd have thought a pair of welli-bobs could mean so much. How sweet.

(unrelated, but WTF - just noticed my baby ticker looks evil!)

My DH will have a nightmare. He hates shopping, and now not only does he have my Christmas pressie to buy, but also it's my birthday on Jan 3rd and due date on the 4th. I've already sorted the christmas present, a Kindle - nice and easy to use while breast feeding. I've told him to get me amazon vouchers for my birthday - so I can stock the Kindle, then a charm for my Pandora bracelet at a push present. I'd love to get some surprises too, he usually does manage that, but I don't know when he's going to have time to go shopping. He's left it too late and will end up having road rage in the shopping centre car park and hates the crowds at the shops. He's been working long hours and at weekends so he'll have time for us both when the baby arrives, so I'll totally forgive him. Think I might have to just get my own presents for him to wrap up!

Ish! Yes it does look evil, I hope it isnt looking at your insides like that :eek:oo:
V good news re the tissot! Cool x

Toni, if he gets on Amazon tonight he will be in time to order it all - they extended their free delivery to today and promise to be in time for xmas! They sound like perfect xmas/birthday and push combo :)

I always pick my own presents, men are not to be trusted with that sort of thing :D I'd rather have something I really want than a surprise - unromantic but works like a charm!

Aww thats brilliant so sweet of him x

We've had a nightmare with things ordered off the internet and getting them delivered. I had 3 parcels, 2 things I ordered online and 1 a present from a relative. They tried to deliver them a couple of times while I was at work, so I rescheduled them all to be delivered yesterday while at home. The royal mail delivery came at 8.30, but all he did was knock on the door then instantly post the card through the door and walk away. I was upstairs and by the time I got to the door he was disappearing down the street. At nearly 38 weeks pregnant I wasn't going to run down the street after him. The second delivery did arrive later in the day, but the 3rd one being delivered by parcel force didn't arrive. I phoned them this morning and they said, 'oh sorry it was on the van yesterday, but he didn't get round to you. It's on the van again for delivery today'. So here I am waiting in again - this is now actually the 3rd day waiting in for this one parcel (it's DH's christmas present, so can't actually send him to the depot to collect it). So I don't think either of us will be ordering online for a while!

I always pick my own presents, men are not to be trusted with that sort of thing :D I'd rather have something I really want than a surprise - unromantic but works like a charm!

i have to say, sam is just brill at buying me presents and picking things in general....one christmas i got diamond earrings and necklace, then last year a designer bag for work...cant wait to see what i get this sunday!!

and he picked my engagement ring and its just gorgeous....so no complaints here

have a foot in my ribs while typing this....lol..ow xx

I always pick my own presents, men are not to be trusted with that sort of thing

hahaha yes agree!!

You will love your hunter wellies!! :D

I want (need) a pair of kurt Geiger boots that I've seen but OH won't let me have them :(. No nice time for him then :D haha

oooh lucky you!!

its nice when they take an initiative!!

I love Hunter's! When I have a baby they are soooo getting a mini pair ! xx

I really should have the decency to buy a pair since our last name is Hunter, but I'm too attached to my blue rainbow wellies, I can't betray them!

I like your work! ;)

I just mentioned push presents to OH, well shouted to him, and his response was "mmm". Lol.

x

You must do this face to face and give him the puppy eyes, they always work :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back