I landed on my arse

Rowesb

Reaction score
in the snow :cry:
symptoms seem to have dissappeared and am beginning to panic again :cry: dunno where to head for more reassurance (less than a week after the last wobble) :wall2:
going to relax and warm up in the bath and take it from there I think...

I know you must be terrified but remember that both you and your body are stronger than you think! :hug: I obviously have no experience and yes, I'd be panicking like a LOON as well, but TRY and keep calm, lovely :hug: I'm sure someone with experience will be able to reassure you better - but I do know that my cousin fell down the stairs whilst pregnant and no harm was done - she REALLY landed , too! :hug:

I'm sure everything will be fine hun :hug: I am seriously just waiting to go on mine. Try to think of it this way - your little beany is floating in LOOOADS of water and has masses of padding (not an insult honest!) because if it's size. If I go on my arse, Sid's more likely to feel it IYKWIM. And of course most of us lasses have a little junk in the trunk to absorb a bit of the shock ;)

My SIL was in a car crash at 12 weeks and had severe bruising across her stomach and shoulders from the seatbelt - she was petrified that baby would be harmed but he was absolutely fine :)

I blame the soaps on tv....thank god we don't live in a world where the slightes brush does serious damage

I'm sure everything with be fine, like Mervs Mum said the little one will be we protected! Be careful in the snow though!! xx

have just done a test... super strong
I don't think slipping helped the fact that am very aware that I feel a little more human today... something I should be pleased about but still

I just have to hold out til thursday...

thanks for ur replies

why do these things always happen when you're having a good day?! Typical eh! Glad the test was super strong, roll on Thursday!

Rest rest rest and then rest again - feet up, TV on and do nothing else all day :) xx

With my first I bellyflopped over 2 bins (remember the proper outside bins you used to get) in the dark and went flying on my face, tummy and the works. I was about 8 weeks and he's now 19 ;)

Try to stay as calm as possible and if needs be could you get a reassurance scan?

Seriously I'm sure everything is fine though :hug:

Tonks fell off her horse when she was pg and broke her back and little Niamh was fine :)

^^ I need to find some way of stopping stressing, I cannot go through until we can get pip's HB on a doppler having scans every week (and I am not getting a doppler in case I have problems getting a HB)...
am hoping and wishing that wake up tomorrow with horrendus MS...
and I know that everything everyone says makes total complete logical sense... :wall2:
have got an hour to decided whether I tell DH tonight that I slipped or to wait til Thursday when we see MW.. either way am going to get myself banned from leaving the house... but wrapping myself in cotton wool ain't going to help either way, I know that from last time... DH doesn't quite see it like that though...

:hug: Tell him just so you get to put your feet up and do nothing tonight. I'm sure bubs will be fine though - they have so much liquid cushioning them in there x

Last edited:
I agree you should tell him, a) you will be able to share your concerns, b) he can help reassure you and c) you can get pampered and put your feet up! :)

I am going to see if my brother will walk the dog for me tomorrow... as it looks as though I'll be digging my car out the drive....

Inky, DH doesn't reassure.... he stresses more than me :lol: that's why I didn't tell him about the spotting last week until I had ressured myself :lol:

Hope you've rested hun, but as the others have said, there's plenty of fluid to absorb the shock, I went flying flat on my back in the ice last Feburary at 35 weeks and my SIL fell down the stairs at 39 weeks, Both boys were born healthy and none the worse for their bumps :hug:

Last edited:
feeling a little tender but ok, better to be at work and slightly more occupied I think :) thanks girls

Aww hon - I'm sure ur fine like everyone says - they really are well looked after. Have ur bath and calming down will help u feel better xxx

Glad everything seems ok for you hun. I love the snow usually but when you are expecting I have found it trecherous. I dont drive so I walk to work and my mum is terrified of me falling. She clings onto me for dear life!

I'm currently banned from walking the dog if DH or my brother is about :lol:

sounds like a good idea to me! I'm not allowed to walk to the shops on my own because past history shows I'm more likely to spend time on my bum rather than on my feet lol. Just as well OH comes with me, most days he's kept me upright :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back