I feel really Jealous

poochielove

Reaction score
I have just been round to my next door neighbours for the first time, as she invited me over and gave me lots of clothes her little boy has grown out of. She has a really lovely home. I feel really embarressed to say i feel really envious :oops: . I always make sure my house is clean and tidy and as homely as possible but we cant decorate (rented house) or really afford new furniture. Basically our house is decorated really old fashioned with any furniture we can get our hands on. I am very proud of our house and keep it nice and try and add small things to make it more homely but i couldnt help feeling really jealous. God this just is not like me at all. :oops: :oops: :oops:

:hug:

We are staying at MILs this week and her house is like a palace compared to out flat! :rotfl: :rotfl: her house is like something out of a glossy mag :evil:

Do what I do and tell yourself that one dy you will have it too :) then again I am quite happy with my little flat that only takes 2 hours to clean from top to bottom!

Tbh dont be jealous of it, there are loads of people out there with (what we think are) better homes etc than our own. BUT and a huge BUT, it's our home, its your home, whether you clean every day or once a week etc its yours. be proud of it :hug: :hug:

Dont feel jelous hun :hug:

I went to see my great auntie and uncle in Jersey about 6weeks ago and up until then i was quite pleased with my garden until I saw theirs :rotfl:

S7300063.jpg

S7300064.jpg

S7300065.jpg

S7300066.jpg

Makes you want to be sick with jelousey doesnt it :rotfl:

Aww hun what your feeling is completely normal !
you may not have everything but you have a roof over your head :)

I think there will always be something to be envious of that someone else has but the way to look at it is, think about if you couldn't actually afford to rent somewhere and had to live with parents or something. In this market loads of people have to do just that.

When jealous of something, I always think of those who are worse off than me and in a very selfish way, it makes me feel better!

The fact your pregnant would make alot of other people jealous so its just a case of being happy with what ya got I guess! :hug:

LilysMummy said:
Dont feel jelous hun :hug:

I went to see my great auntie and uncle in Jersey about 6weeks ago and up until then i was quite pleased with my garden until I saw theirs :rotfl:

S7300063.jpg

S7300064.jpg

S7300065.jpg

S7300066.jpg

Makes you want to be sick with jelousey doesnt it :rotfl:

The grass is always greener eh!! :lol: (that was quite good I thought)

They must pay someone to cut that grass, its so good it looks fake! lol

I'm ashamed of my home. It's the old family home. The kitchen's falling to pieces, the garden is a dump. The OH starts things and never finishes them! I get so mad with him. I wish i could afford to sort it but i just can't. And the clingy baby doesn't help either.

My step mum became really upset and dissatisfied with their house whilst pregnant, Dad said it really took them both by suprise but maybe this is why you are feeling so fed up with your home and jealous about your next door neighbours its kind of a form of nesting we just want everything perfect for our little ones! Im in the same boat as you rent so can't decorate and wish I could but I have given myself tasks to tackle one room at a time give it the most thorough clean and a change around if needed that has helped me feel more prepaired for baby and like I'm making the house the best I can for little miss! :hug:

Lilys mummy, that is a lovely garedn, i am well jealous!
we cant let our kids have a trampoline in our garden coz it tooo small & they arev desperate for one :(

Poochielove: when we had our eldest Georgia 12 yrs ago we had absolutely nothing, everything was a hand me down & even the sofa had rips in & foam hanging out of the arms, i was embarrased, but thats all we could afford, now 12 yrs on & in our own house, we have gradually built up furniture & nice new stuff.
it takes a while but you'll get there one day :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back