I feel cheated

defo go get a private scan hun :)
just exlain to your oh that its a once in a lifetime chance to see that baby in your womb again :)
manda xx

I feel just the same as you Bloom - All of the time was taken on checking the baby was ok, which obviously is the reason you go - and i am so glad that he is alright, but everytime i tried to have a look she had clicked on something else. and the pictures we got were very clear but non of a full body shot.

I have been thinking whether or not to go from another scan too!?!?!?!?!

Sorry that your NHS scan was so rushed. We felt like that with our 12 week scan so booked a Babybond scan and have to say that we enjoyed it so much that we are going for our 4th this weekend which will be a 4D scan.

I would recommend them to anyone!! :D

my second scan was quite long :) cos he was movin round so she was tryna check his insides lol so i just watched :)

I would definitely go for a private scan if you can afford it. I would LOVE to see Connie again but Jim says £110 is a waste of money. To be fair, our sonographer was fantastic and we spent half an hour in there just looking at her from different angles and chatting to us and stuff - it was the same guy we had at 12 weeks and we were so chuffed when we saw it was him. He remembered us too (the name Maurice probably doesn't crop up v often though)!

Anyway in-laws were so chuffed with the story of 20 week scan that they have offered to pay for 28-week private 4D scan if Jim won't so I'm going to work on him this week and then hopefully get it booked.

Clearly we'll have to go on the same day though Judy :rotfl:

Keep working on him Becks thats a lovely offer from your in-laws :wink:

Ive had a chat with oh and he doesnt want to spend the money on another scan as the nearest place is 2 hours away (ive looked for one nearer but theres nothing). So inless i can find something nearer then thats it for me.

The main thing is baby is healthly and as there is still a question mark over the sex it will be a nice suprise at the birth. It would of been nice to see baby again but another 19 weeks is not that long to wait so im happy.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

where do u live where theres no private scan places for so far??

I live down in sunny Devon ive tried looking but ive had no luck apart from one hospital that is charging £150 just for a 2d gender scan which i think is overpriced when compared to babybond and other companies.

gymbabeliz said:
ah, good old south west, im a west country girl in origin, nothing but fields and cows for miles!! lol

how about this onehttp://thebabyskanstudio.com/ is it any closer?

Thanks for that but no not really its still 2 hours away. Thanks for trying though. Hopefully the good old South West will of caught up with the rest ofthe country by the time i have another baby.

you would have thought there would be more places, when me and OH were living in bristol over the summer, EVERYONE had about 4 babies....we were joking about how they breed cos theres nothing else to do in the west....then i accidentally fell pg there HAHA

sorry you got to travel so far to get a scan then, but it really is worth it.

Is there no where you could have a day out to and get a scan while you're there?
I know someone who came up to the Birmingham one from Devon and went shopping and stuff aswell.

We had a 4D scan and it was wonderful. The sonographer was really good - even switching back to 2D at the "relevant" bits because we didn't want to know the gender.

I would recommend a 4D.

that sounds just like how my scan went with my second child, so i rang my midwife and complained that i wasnt happy, i didnt feel reassured that everything was ok, as i wasnt shown the screen. she re booked me another one, and that was perfect. so hopefully your midwife is as understanding as mine was and will help you by rebooking it again.

cherylcusack said:
that sounds just like how my scan went with my second child, so i rang my midwife and complained that i wasnt happy, i didnt feel reassured that everything was ok, as i wasnt shown the screen. she re booked me another one, and that was perfect. so hopefully your midwife is as understanding as mine was and will help you by rebooking it again.

Can you do that i would feel really cheeky might try it though.

Cheryl, that sounds like a great idea!

I'm not allowed a 4D scan apparently as Jim isn't convinced the technology is "safe"... grrrrrrrrrrrr if only I had a physics degree too and then I could argue with him :evil:

I know what you mean when i went for my 20 weeks scan it was over and done in 5 minutes!! and there was some opportunties for brilliant clear pictures but at the end she just clicked and out came a rubbish picture! :( I want to have a 4d scan but cant afford it! :(

i really laid it on thick, as i dont have the blood test as well i said its the only reassurance i get from the scan. lay it on thick that you feel anxious as you didnt get to see for yourself that the baby was growing correctly, just dont leave until you get what you want they are there to provide a service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back