I feel cheated

It's hard to work out whether or not I'm lucky. Baby's kidneys are too big so our scan lasted for ages and we have another one at 30 weeks. And baby gets another one at birth. And yet more tests (ultrasound, urine and blood I think) at 6 weeks and 6 months. I would rather pay for the scan in money than in my baby's blood :cry: (OK, a bit dramatic, but true). When she had finished she had a huge sheet of photos so me and OH were very excited! But most of them were the kidneys for his file and she explained about it then. We got four pictures though, which is twice as many as we got at the 12 weeks scan! Two body ones, face and a footprint.
It depends on your financial situation. I told OH today that I want us to buy an expensive acoustic guitar in January as we will never be able to justify it after the baby is born but I'd much prefer it to our cheap one. Will you notice the difference in money in your account? Can you 'justify' it to yourself "Well, if I weren't pregnant I'd spend around £40 a month on drinks, so I've saved lots of money and I'd like to spend it on a scan".
And as for which team we are on, as we are in Aberdeen we are in team green for jealousy as they don't tell you. :shakehead:
I was considering paying for a private scan but I might just try even harder to see what team I'm on at the 30 week scan. :D

Its a pain them not telling you Kalia maybe they will let it slip at your next one im sure your baby is fine so try not to worry :hug: :hug:.

Although im still disappointed that we didnt really get to see our baby i know she will be here soon and just knowing she is healthy is the main thing and the most important thing to us. I have still had no luck finding somewhere nearer that offers private scans so have decided not to have one has oh really does not want to travel for 2 hours for one. I showed him some of the 3d pics on here and he said he didnt want to know what our baby looked like yet he wanted to wait till the birth :shakehead: so it would only be for another 2d one anyone.

The main thing is baby is healthy and growing as she should so im happy and knowing there is still a possibility that baby is a boy makes it all the more exciting.

Debecca my oh said the same thing which is another reason why he does not want another one.

How about getting a doppler as a comprimise? Then you could hear baby and that's amazing! Then you could look at pictures in books or online to see what your baby mostly looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back