I don't want to be that person!

laurat

Reaction score
Well I have had a bit of a rubbish time last wee while in terms of ttc. A ossible 2 year wait for me so think I have to think about a change in my attitude. Tues I never thought I would stop crying.

Anyway yesterday my best friend arrived at my house out of the blue. She asked if she could comein and I just knew why. I asked dis she have news and she said yes and just started to cry. She is pregnant with her 2nd. The thing that got me is she was crying not due to happiness but sadness that she felt telling me. This is just not the person I want to be. I love her and her first little cracker and realised how much my hurt meant to her that as such a happy time she was only thinking of me. I can say it is the first pregnancy that Ihave heard of recently where Im so genuinely happy.

I realised that if I have to wait another 2 years that Im going to have a number of other friends who will be on to their second or third. I have 2 choices then. Be that person who is going to beat myself up and be devastated. Making my friends upset to tell me their happiest news. Or try to move on.

Im going to choose the second. Im going to try so hard to appreciate all of the amazing things I have in my life. I am very lucky to have a wonderful husband, job, new house and amazing friends who I really am an aunt to. I will be a mum Im destined to be and if thats by IUI, IVF or adoption I will do it. 2012 has to be a new attitude of appreciating my life now not wishing it away!

Last edited:
Well said Laura , i felt like i was listening to an important rousing speech . Here here i totally agree with your sentiments and attitude ! x x x lots of love x x x

LOL! With speeches like that ill be the next prime minister!!! Just woke up with a more positive vibe!!!

I need some of this positive attitude Laura! Cos I need to do the same and try and pull myself out of this funk but at times the emotions totally take over. Takes a huge effort. Good luck to you hun Xxx

I like your comments and positive attitude... I have decided that I am going to try and do the same!

have a great Christmas xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back