NEGU ...... and how i feel today

kirstymichelle

Reaction score
As yu can see from my avatar i support NEGU .. It stands for never ever give up. It's a dream of a little girl from America who has touched my heart. She got diagnosed with a brain tumour and decided to use her time to inspire other children to NEVER EVER GIVE UP. She did this by campaigning around hospitals and making 'joy jars' for other children in hospitals fighting cancer. The jars contain lots of nice things that would bring a moment of joy. I have been following her story via facebook ' Jessie Joy Rees'. Sadly Jessie lost her fight to live earlier this month .

I have just watched her memorial service and althoughi am not christian as the Rees family are Jessie has touched me .

I have just realised how utterly selfish i am. I have a wonderful healthy happy daughter who radiates sunshine wherever she goes. I should not be so selfish and want it to be me me me that gets pregnant . Some of you ladies have no other children and are trying for your first.

I know a lot o what is on her page is christian beliefs , but i am so touched by a girl aged 12 who put herself aside and thought of others.

I love my daughter so much she brings me such joy and fills my heart to the brim, i hope and wish that all of you ladies get your first too and soon. I will be happy to wait my turn patiently x x x :love:

Arh bless hon that is really sweet. I will have a look on face book. She sounds like a total inspiration to everyone. :)

I don't for second think you are selfish, everyone's issues on here (and everywhere for that fact) are relative and everyone deals with their TTC issues in different ways.

My best friend has a gorgeous 2 year old boy Finlay, but she has been TTC her second for over 2 years now. She always says the same to me about how she has one already and should not moan too much, but actually TTC a baby whether it is your first or your 2nd is the same for everyone. I actually feel sorry for any women who is having issues with her second baby as you don't seem to get any help on the NHS with IVF. Whilst I agree that girls on here who are TTC baby number 1 take priority it must be very frustrating knowing that the NHS cannot help. I don't know much about TTC baby number 2, but from what my friend says the desire and frustrations are totally the same. There was actually a article in the Daily Mail juts last week about women TTC number 2 and it was very very interesting.

We all love hearing about BFP's in LTTC whether it is first or second. I wish you all the luck in the world TTC and think it is lovely what you have written today.

Baby dust to you.

Love Gizzy xxx

Awwww - bless you hun!

We'll all get our chance I am sure. I love the philosophy of Never, Ever Give Up !

xxxxxx

What a beautiful post, thank you for sharing.

I worry about number 2 already and we started putting money aside for treatment as soon as we found out we needed it.

What a sad story about that little girl :cry:

I totally agree with Gizzy in that you wanting your second isn't selfish at all.

If you don't feel complete, you don't feel complete :)

Ahh what a wonderful little girl...:)

Have you seen this weeks one born every minute, that coulple where the lady was handicapped, what lovely inspirational people.

Xx

Good call Maybe - can't believe i missed OBEM again. Good thing for 4OD :)

So lovely, what an inspiration!

When I think of having a family, I think of having two babies so I can totally understand frustration if you have difficulty ttc number two.

xxx

Well, i want four and even after everything we have to go through everyone seems to expect me to suddenly want less and be happy to settle with two or even just one...

Pfft.

Yeah right! lol :lol:

That's lovely vicky, so touching. What a brave lovely little girl, so sad she lost her battle :crys:

You're right you are very lucky to have a beautiful little girl but you're not selfish for wanting another one hun xxxxxxxxxx

OBEM had me in floods ! Truely that couple will provide the most loving home for their little girl. They were totally in love wasn't they? i loved it! I felt very sad that she was worried about having her baby being taken away :(

x

Such an inspirational little girl.

I dont think its selfish either. (I'm TTC no2).
We have what they call secondary infertility, unexplained so far. We had no problems conceiving no1 and struck it luck first time.

Gizzy your right. They told me they wouldn't help us further than Clomid. Puts the pressure on! Though I'm hoping there is a possibility of trying other drugs if Clomid doesn't work.

I have the most wonderful like boy who is so caring and he really wants a baby brother/sister and it breaks my heart when he asks 'when Mammy?' Were trying so hard, its his dream too. (blinks away the tears)

The lady on OBEM was fantastic and so sad that she thought they would take her baby away because she had a disability. x

Ahh bless , yes not selfish honey.
Like charliebear I have a wonderful son but want to give him a sibling. I feel I have one more year b4 I have to throw in the towel because of my age. But if it never happens I know I have him.
Here to all ladies on here getting there bfp ....you all so deserve it ladies. xxxx

That's a beautiful post Kirsty, thanks for sharing.

I agree with the other girls you are defo not selfish, our desire to have children is some thing we are born with so it's completely normal to want more children whether you have 1 child or 10 children!!

Wishing you lots of luck in your journey

Xxx

Oh Kirsty that is such a nice post- negu is going to be my new motto! Xxx

I feel like a different person with a fresh outlook because of this. Changed my way of thinking about myself and made me less selfish . I've felt quite twisted on occasions as to why me etc . But i think i am healing now and accepting. Things in my life could be a lot worse x

Kirsty,
what a beautiful thing, a little girl's story, from thousands of miles away has touched your heart, that shows you are not selfish, but have an open heart, I truly hope you do manage to achieve your dream of another baby, as I do all the ladies on here,
Bless you hun xxx

I don't really 'belong' in here but just wanted to say thank you so much for posting about Jessica. What an absolute inspiration!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back