I don't know if I can do it

Well, this is my 2nd, but it's been a while. Most of the time babies are there and don't take much looking after, I'm just struggling to realise that there'll actually be a baby in this house soon. My 9 year old is pretty self sufficient and it'll be weird to have that mummy label over me again.

My advice don't worry bout not having things, newborns need very little we had completely over bought and didn't use half our stuff!!! You don't need a top and tail bowl just use a normal bowl or a tipperware box! It's only to hold water in :)

So true... So much of the stuff they try to sell us and tell us is 'essential' really is just another way of retailers making money out of us... Baby needs LOVE which you will give in abundance and that isn't available from the shops! He needs to be warm, fed and comfortable... You will be a fab Mummy, s try not to worry! :)

U will be marvellous hun. It's def a massive learning curve being a first time parent and the first 6 weeks are apparently the hardest but there is nothing like the feeling of holding your baby in arms and wanting to love and protect it forever. Your instincts will kick in and u will be fab. Worry about doing a good job is so normal since u care so much which is the most important thing xxxx try not to panic....relaxed mummy=relaxed baby (hopefully!) also don't set any expectations for you or your baby and anything u do is a bonus....that's what I have done so far and it's helped me out loads xxx

Aww hun youll be fine. I have a touch of the baby blues and constantly breaking down but my oh and mum and sis have been really supportive and I'm sure youll have support too. You have all of us anyway. It's perfectly normal to feel like that. You learn So much everyday. And when you feel down watch him when he's sleeping it melts your heart or even just comforting him or holding him It's the best feeling ever. And think It's only for a little while even though it seems to go on forever. Plus the more concern you have the better xxx

Exactly the same as Nik! It's not easy but u will get there and when u look down and see this teeny tiny little man that u both created, it makes it all worth it. :hugs:

Is Dee doing Ur labour thread tomorrow? All the best lovely lady, will be thinking of you all day. I'm gonna inbox u my number on FB in case u want to know anything about my inducement tomorrow xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back