6 weeks to D-day...

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Well am 34 weeks today, leaving 6 weeks to due date. It still feels like forever and that's if I don't go over! Is this 6 weeks going to drag? I don't know what to do with myself. Lol! Any suggestions?

Xx

I've still got 7 and it feels like it's dragging for me :(. Fed up of this heartburn and eating.. I cant stop! I'm still working so that will keep me busy-ish not even decided when I'm going to stop yet. The thought of being at home is scaring me a bit coz i think i might turn into a couch potato! I guess you must have sorted out all the babys stuff etc? what about doing some DIY? is there anything that needs done? maybe you should just relax and enjpoy the free time?

It will soon fly by. I started my maternity leave this week so I just keep making sure I plan little things into the day. My plan this week is to wash babies bedding and clothes. Next week I'm going to do a bit of gardening. xx

I would if I could stop obsessing over how long I have left! Lol I know the feeling of not wanting to become a couch potato. I have been lazy recently - the SPD bothers me and I get tired quickly. Also the free time isn't a novelty. DH does the work whilst I look after the house. Traditional set-up! Lol! DIY isn't really something I can do - not well anyway. And DH insists on doing everything like that - he has very clearly defined gender roles and doesn't want me breathing paint fumes in. Ah, I need an absorbing hobby!

Xx

i am currently washing and ironing all babys clothes etc. and i choose a room a day to clean again. house is constantly spotless but gives me something to do.

i am in a couple of weeks though going to pop to hobby craft and get some bits to make(well attempt) my own thank you cards for people that have bought gifts for baby. xxx

I would if I could stop obsessing over how long I have left! Lol I know the feeling of not wanting to become a couch potato. I have been lazy recently - the SPD bothers me and I get tired quickly. Also the free time isn't a novelty. DH does the work whilst I look after the house. Traditional set-up! Lol! DIY isn't really something I can do - not well anyway. And DH insists on doing everything like that - he has very clearly defined gender roles and doesn't want me breathing paint fumes in. Ah, I need an absorbing hobby!

Xx

I'm obsessing too. I keep checking my sig on here and like what STILL 47 DAYS TO GO! oh I didn't reliase you had SPD - that is going to make doing things a lot harder. Its not something I have had but have read about it on here and it doesn't sound nice at all! :(. Ah well see I'm no good at diy either but the trick for me is if i want something done I start it then make a total mess and someone else like my other half, dad or brother comes along and sorts it out for me.. :lol: pmsl. Don't think you need to do that either though, You other half sounds great!

He is lovely! Although I come froma family of strong, dominant, independent women so it can be hard for me to let go sometimes. And I get a bit of stick for letting him do things for me - in my familys eyes the women don't need men to do anything for them. I like it the way I have it though. I feel looked after.

The thank you cards are a good idea - but I want to make sure she is born healthy before I do things like that. I'm a bit superstitious sometimes!

All clothes and bedding are washed and ironed and put away. But the idea of tidying a room at a time is good. I will pull all the drawers out I think!

Xx

i wont be sending any cards until he is here. partly so i know all is well etc and partly as would like to add a pic to the cards. xxx

Hey flops, can't believe your so close... anything could happen in the next 6 weeks, you could have early labour.. is so exciting.. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back